|Date Posted||May 17, 2022|
The Accountant will be based at Head Office and will report directly to the Senior Accountant of Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI). He/ she will be responsible for processing staff salaries and benefits, monitor liquidity and providing support in accounting and reporting of Pride’s business transactions
Specific Responsibilities include:-
1. Preparing various accounting records/GL supporting schedules.
2. Handling petty cash issues both for Head Office and Branch and receive accountability of funds returned by staff.
3. Verifying filing and coding all receipts, payments and in-coming vouchers/documents from branches and Head Office as per Chart of Accounts.
4. Entering and updating all financial data in the computer with meaningful narration and advising staff on various entries.
5. Reconciling various general ledger accounts to ascertain accuracy of data in the IT system and genuineness of transactions for the branches allocated.
6. Participating in the stock taking of assets and maintenance of asset registers
7. Introduce at least 5 VSP accounts on a monthly basis.
8. Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor from time to time
Minimum Academic Qualifications and Experience:
1. Bachelors’ Degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance); BBA (Accounting or Finance); Bachelor’s degree in Accounting & Finance or in a related field majoring in accounting.
2. 2 Principal passes at A’ Level and Credits passes in Maths and English at O’ level.
3. Should have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in accounts related roles.
4. ACCA, CPA – Level II.
5. Professional qualification in ACCA, CPA is an added advantage.
The ideal candidate should be highly motivated, self driven and eager to learn. S/He must possess high organizational skill with good interpersonal, communication and accounting skills.
1.Should have a track record of integrity, well organized and reliable.
2.He/she should not be more than 35 years of age.