- I am an Indian national and a senior academician of over 5 decades’ expertise earned all over the world: having taught almost all the disciplines in Mathematics: both Pure and Applied in 24 Universities (so far) both at home and abroad. Also, held many administrative positions (HoD, Dean and VC) as well. Recent assignments accom- plished by me are: Director, Maths. Unit, School of Science & Engineering, University of Kurdistan Hewler, Erbil, Kurdistan (Iraq); Professor, Divine Word University, Madang (PNG); Professor, State University of New York, Incheon (South Korea); Professor, Wollo University, Dessie, Wollo (Ethiopia), Professor, Adama Science & Technology University, Adama (Ethiopia), Professor, Dept. of Maths., Eritrea Institute of Technology, Asmara (Eritrea); Professor of Applied Mathematics, Engg. College, Teerthankar Mahaveer University, Moradabad, U.P. (India); Professor & Head, Dept. of Maths. & Comp. Science, PNG Univ. of Technology, Lae (PNG); Professor & Head, Dept. of Maths., Physics & Statistics, University of Guyana, Georgetown (Guyana), Latin America, etc.
2. Starting my professional career from a premier and the fourth oldest university in the Indian sub-continent (University of Allahabad) in 1964, after 21 years, I moved as a Founder Professor & Head, Dept. of Mathematics & Statistics, A.P.S. University, Rewa (M.P.), India, in 1985, where I served till my superannuation at the age of 62 in 2002.
3. During my long academic career, the Govt. of U.P. (India) honored and appointed me as the fourth Vice-Chancellor of Avadh University (now called Dr. R.M. Lohia Avadh Univ.), Faizabad / Ayodhya, in 1989, when I had just turned 47 years. I successfully completed my three years’ tenure and set approved track records there. The University of Asmara (Eritrea) bestowed the highest academic honor upon me by offering their highest rank (Professor III) and appointed me as the Head, Dept. of Mathematics & Computer Science during 1998-2002. I have taught in four continents and have been a Visiting Professor / Mathematician to many Research Institutes / Universities in Europe including the prestigious ICTP, Trieste (Italy) founded by Nobel Laureate Professor Abdus Salam, University of Turin, Turin (Italy) and a DAAD Fellow at the University of Bonn, Bonn (Germany).
4. I published 65 Research Articles in Mathematics in leading research journals of international repute (mainly in Japan (Tensor) and European countries: Belgium, Italy, Hungary, Poland, Romania) and have been a regular Reviewer in Mathematical Reviews (published by the American Mathematical Society, U.S.A.) and Zentralblatt für Mathematik (of Springer-Verlag, Germany). I am a Founder Fellow, Life Member and Chief Editor of the Journal of International Academy of Physical Sciences, Allahabad, India since 1994 and many other national and international academic bodies. I have published 40 books: one as experiences of mine as the Vice-Chancellor, another “Italian for Beginners and the World at a Glance”, a compilation of Indian prayers in Roman script, One on Indian Astrology, 26 mathematical texts, 5 Research Monographs, general topics: 11 - including as a reportage on “Mathematics and Mathematicians at Prayag (Allahabad), Biography (both in English and Hindi) of my father (Shri Hardwari Lal), a Bibliographical Reportage (in Hindi) on my native village (Semrai - its past and contemporary), etc. Sixteen of these are published in Germany by Lambert Academic Publishing House, Saarbrücken. Recently, my 12 text-books/ research monographs: “Advanced Applied Mathematics”, “Maths. for Engineers & Physicists - Parts 1, 2, 3”, “Axiomatic Systems”, “Glossary of Mathematical Terms and Concepts, vols. 1 - 4”, “Recent Advances in Differential geometry”, “Generalizations of Pythagoras Theorem to Polygons” and “Cartesian Vectors and Tensors” are published by the “Central West Publishing, Orange, NSW 2800, Australia” in 2018-19. Completing soon the 4th research monograph “Advances in Differential Geometry and Generalizations of Pythagoras Theorem to Polygons” also to be published in Australia.
5. Depending upon my rural background, association with India’s Defence Services (as a Part-time NCC Commissioned Naval Officer for 16 years at the University of Allahabad / Prayagraj supervising the Naval NCC training given to the young students), I feel confident for discharging my duties effectively for 8-10 hours a day.
6. I devoted my life for the cause of mathematics, in particular, and the education, in general. Before I sleep permanently, I wish to deliver its knowledge to the inquisitive young minds by innovative methodology. Secured a First division and the First Position in order of merit at the M.Sc. (Final) Mathematics Examination of Lucknow University, Lucknow (India). With my globe-tottering experience of all the continents and conversant with a number of foreign languages (German, Italian, Spanish, Russian and of course English), I know how to get through several hazards of life in both Oriental / Western worlds. A number of my students are working as full Professors in many Universities in India and abroad (including U.S.A.) and on senior positions in State / National level administrative positions in India. About half a dozen of them have also occupied VC’s position in Indian Universities.
7. My Ph.D. thesis examiner was the father of Geometry in Japan (Professor Dr. Akitsugu Kawaguchi), simultaneously Professor at Hokkaido University, Sapporo and Nihon Univ., Tokyo and the Founder of Tensor International Society and Chief Editor of the journal (Tensor). Professor Kentaro Yano of Tokyo Institute of Technology was the Ph.D. thesis examiner of my first Ph.D. student (late Dr. F.M. Meher) in 1972 and I have been in touch with many other leading Japanese geometers: Professors Makoto Matsumoto (Kyoto University), Hideo Shimada, H. Izumi, H. Kawaguchi, T. Kawaguchi, C. Shibata etc. I would love to inspire and motivate young minds for mathematics education and enrich your august institution for some time. Some of the Nationals of SI have also been taught by me at PNG Unitech, Lae (PNG) during 2007-09.
With best of regards, Yours’ faithfully,
Lucknow (India): October 25, 2019 Prof. Dr. R. B. Misra
(Former: Vice-Chancellor, Avadh Univ., Faizabad, U.P., India;
Dean, Faculty of Science, A.P. Singh Univ., Rewa, M.P., India;
Prof., Dept. of Maths., Hr. College of Education, Aden Univ., Aden (Yemen);
Professor & Head, Dept. of Maths. & Stats., A.P.S. Univ., Rewa, M.P., India;
Prof., Dept. of Maths., College of Science, Salahaddin Univ., Arbil (Iraq);
UGC Visiting Prof., Mahatma Gandhi Kashi Vidyapith (Univ.), Varanasi (India);
Professor, Dept. of Maths, Ahmadu Bello Univ., Zaria (Nigeria) – designate;
Prof. & Head, Dept. of Maths. & Comp. Sci., Univ. of Asmara, Asmara (Eritrea);
Director, Unique Inst. of Business & Technology, Modi Nagar, Ghaziabad (India);
Prof. & Head, Dept. of Maths, Phys. & Stats, Univ. of Guyana, G/town (Guyana);
Prof. & Head, Dept. of Maths., Eritrea Inst. of Technology, Mai Nefhi (Eritrea);
Prof.& Head, Dept. of Maths., School of Engg., Amity Univ., Lucknow (India);
Prof.& Head, Dept. of Maths. & Comp. Sci., PNG Univ. of Tech., Lae (PNG);
Prof. of Maths., Engg. College, Teerthankar Mahaveer Univ., Moradabad (India);
Prof. of Maths, Oduduwa Univ., Ipetumodu, Osun State (Nigeria) – designate;
Prof., Dept. of Maths, Adama Science & Technology Univ., Adama (Ethiopia);
Prof. & Head, Dept. of Maths. & C.S., Bougainville Inst. of Bus. & Tech., Buka (PNG) – designate;
Prof. & Head, Dept. of Maths., J.J.T. University, Jhunjhunu, Rajasthan (India);
Dean, Faculty of Science, J.J.T. University, Jhunjhunu, Rajasthan (India);
Professor, Dept. of Maths, Wollo University, Dessie, Wollo (Ethiopia);
Professor, Dept. of Appld. Maths, SUNY, Songdo, Incheon (S. Korea);
Professor, Dept. of Maths. & Comp. Sci., Divine Word Univ., Madang (PNG);
Director, Mathematics Unit, School of Science & Engineering,
University of Kurdistan Hewler, Erbil, KRG (Iraq);
DAAD Fellow, Rheinische Wilhelm University of Bonn, Bonn (Germany);
Visiting Professor, University of Turin, Turin (Italy);
Visiting Professor, University of Trieste, Trieste (Italy);
Visiting Professor, University of Padua, Padua (Italy);
Visiting Professor, International Centre for Theoretical Physics, Trieste (Italy);
Visiting Professor, University of Wroclaw, Wroclaw (Poland);
Visiting Professor, University of Sopron (Hungary);
Reader, Dept. of Maths. & Stats., South Gujarat Univ., Surat, Gujarat (India);
Reader, Dept. of Maths. & Stats., Univ. of Allahabad, Allahabad, U.P. (India);
Asst. Prof., Maths., College of Sci., Mosul Univ., Mosul (Iraq) – designate;
Senior most NCC Officer (Naval Wing, Part-time), Univ. of Allahabad, Allahabad;
Lecturer, Dept. of Maths., KKV Degree College, Lucknow, U.P. (India).
|Last Resume Update||October 25, 2019|