|Date Posted||May 6, 2021|
Our client in the Oil & Gas industry is looking to hire suitable and qualified candidates as Well Pad Superintendants reporting to the Deputy construction manager.
Position: Well Pad superintendent - North
Reports to: Deputy Construction Manager
Responsible for overseeing Construction/Installation works in the Wellpads Area with reference to Quality Assurance and Control including contractor’s conformity to detailed engineering design and specifications. Supervise and monitor Contractors/Subcontractors activities in the Wellpads area in order to ascertain that the installation will be done as per drawings, specifications, procedures, cost and schedule meeting HSE and Quality requirements and expectations. Control and co-ordination of supervisors dedicated to the Wellpads area including all construction activities which shall be in compliance with Project Specifications and Procedures, Company General Specifications, discipline requirements and international codes and standards.
Demonstrate personal commitment to the HSE Policy, maintain awareness of and ensure compliance with all relevant Statutory and Company HSE standards, actively participate in Company safety awareness and initiative schemes. Coach and monitor Company, contractors and subcontractors personnel to ensure the required standards are met. Maintain relevant interfaces with TILNEGA project Contractors/Subcontractors. Interface with other disciplines on the project including Project Management Team to ensure project objectives will be met.
- Act as primary coordinator/Superintendent for a dedicated area of the construction site: follow-up the sequence of work-fronts and liaise with the construction contractor area managers and superintendents
- Ensure that Contractors progress on the appropriate high-priority work-fronts in order to stick to the level-3 schedule
- To check, in accordance with needs, the preparation, issue and implementation by Construction Contractors of Construction, Engineering documents including detailed procedures, method statements, drawings, calculation notes, Construction Equipment, construction, list of personnel, planning back-up procedures if necessary.
- Identify & analyze the weak points which penalize the productivity and propose corrective actions.
- Review the development of execution plans / schedule for his/her discipline during the construction phase
- Advice the Deputy construction manager and construction manager on all issues related to sequencing and scheduling of work fronts.
- Liaise with other Superintendents and Supervisors to make sure that all interfaces are managed effectively.
- Liaise with other superintendents, supervisors, deputy construction manager and with construction projects.
- Manager to make sure that the construction complies with all project design documentation, with company standards and procedures, and with applicable international codes and practices.
- Liaise with other superintendents, supervisors, deputy construction manager and with construction manager to monitor progress and prepare performance reports. Reports are to be accurate and timely, depicting progress, safety, issues, and forward plans.
- Assist the supervisors in the resolution of all technical queries.
- Assist the team to ensure compliance with project safety objectives throughout the life of the project. Maintain good relationship with contractors, being flexible enough but also strict when necessary to achieve the objectives of the project.
- Liaise with other disciplines, safety, cost, and planning to improve effectiveness of team.
- Keep the deputy and construction manager informed of all events which may affect the successful completion of the project goals.
- Interface with QA/QC personnel to address quality issues/progress
- Provide oversight of contractor's materials management/verification systems
- Monitor workforce productivities/progress relative to schedule
- Liaise with contractor for field level changes for his discipline during the construction phase
- Provide pre-commissioning/mechanical completion oversight/verification for his discipline during the construction phase
- Provide leadership, supervision, construction technical guidance and mentoring to personnel with a focus on National development
- Compliance with the HSE instructions, rules and procedures in force for compliance with the HSE contractual clauses and other documents governing ties with the contractors
- Ensure the protection of the environment and the monitoring of Project environmental performances.
- Participate in daily/weekly/monthly meetings as required
- Compile necessary reports (daily/weekly/monthly) related to his/her discipline and scope for the deputy construction manager/construction manager and project management team
- Carry out any other task that may be assigned to him/her.
- To act on behalf of the Deputy Construction Manager in his/her absence
- Degree holder or equivalent
- 15 years or more of relevant international project construction experience in large onshore/offshore oil and gas projects.
- Previous experience in large onshore/offshore oil and gas construction projects. Recognized level of expertise in construction discipline with a good knowledge of the Compony's general specifications and/or previous experience with other major IOC’s in large oil and gas construction projects. Significant. Significant responsibility in multi-discipline teams or projects.
- Fluent spoken and written English. Valid Medical Certificate which complies with Company Standards.