|Date Posted||August 30, 2019|
Water For People is currently recruiting for the position of Grant Writer. The Grant Writer works to secure and maintain funding for Water For People by writing grant proposals and reports and providing support materials. The Grant Writer supports effective communications to corporations, foundations, individuals, bilateral, and multilateral agencies through development of powerful pitches, proposals, and reports, and thereby helps Water For People meet and exceed annual revenue targets.
Essential Job Functions and Duties
- Conducts the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals and reports to donors as directed by Relationship Managers and Senior Grant Writer
- Complies with all grant reporting as required by donors
- Manages an effective, cross-departmental process for development of proposals and reports
- Advises Relationship Managers on strategies to fit programmatic work to donor interests
- Advises on and develops messaging for the Business Development team
- Works across departments to identify funding targets, and gathers accurate and relevant information to build the best possible case for each funder
- Serves as an informational resource to the Business Development teamBehaviors and Competencies
- Connects to the Mission – Embraces the mission of Water For People and is passionate about advancing the dynamic role it plays leading social impact in international development.
- Demonstrates Ethics and Integrity – Understands ethical behavior and business practices, and ensures that own behavior is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Action-oriented – Has an unwavering commitment to delivering quality work products.
- Connects with Others – Demonstrates exceptional communications and interpersonal skills.Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent work experience is required
- 3 or more years of progressively responsible
grant writing experience is required
- 3 or more years of progressively responsible fundraising experience is required
- At least 1 year of experience working for a nonprofit is required
- Oral and written Spanish proficiency is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent narrative-writing ability
- Ability to align financial information with narrative of program progress
- Ability to research and synthesize complex sets of information
- Familiarity with the key concerns of the water and sanitation development sector and a genuine appreciation for the approach of Water For People
- Knowledge of the concerns and protocols of the range of funders
- Highly accountable with the ability to effectively manage both the big picture and small details while executing on both
- Must be task and process-oriented with an excellent sense of priority, logic, and objectivity
- Highly organized and capable of handling important tasks simultaneously while responding to unanticipated developments
- Understands ethical behavior and business practices, and ensures that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organizationPhysical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Open office environment
- This is a full-time position based at Water For People Headquarters in Denver, Colorado
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.Contact and Further Information:If you are both qualified and Water For People interests you, please visit our Career Center and apply with your resume and cover letter to this position. Please no phone calls or in-person inquiries.
This position is open until filled.
This is an exempt, full time position with a comprehensive benefits package. Salary is competitive and commensurate with level of experience. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Water For People cannot provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
Perks of working at our office space which is located at I-25 and Broadway:
- Employer-paid parking
- Walking distance from I-25 and Broadway RTD station
- Food trucks outside the office daily
- Dog friendly workplace