|Date Posted||November 17, 2022|
Kabale University is a Public University pursuant to Statutory Instrument No. 36 of 16th July 2015 under The Universities and other Tertiary Institutions Act 2001 (as amended). Applications are invited from suitably qualified and interested candidates for the following posts that exist at Kabale University.
JOB TITLE: TECHNICIAN-Crop Science
Salary Scale: M12NTSc
No. of posts: 01
Serial. No. : EXT AD 27/3/2022
Responsible to: Supervisor of Academic Unit where deployed
Responsible for: N/A
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- To ensure management of university field stations and take care of students practical experiments
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop or reviews farming framework, plans, tools and strategies for approval by Council or other relevant decision-making organ of the University.
- Oversees the university farm station
- Support students with setting up and monitor crop fields
- Provides technical and professional support to the various academic and administrative staff in the field
- Safe custody of university tools, products and farm outputs
- Plans, implements and continually improves the university farm in collaboration with head of Department
- Evaluates quality assurance or inspection reports from the various units of the University.
- Oversees the provision of support to University farm in eliminating of weeds, pests and diseases .
- Should have an earned diploma from from recognized farm institution, with excellent practical and hands on skills
- Should have ten (3) years proven experience of management of a high production farm
- Should have broad knowledge of the national and local knowledge on season variations
- Should have experience in seed selection, land management and farm planning Should have a high level of demonstrated personal integrity.
Suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications in sealed envelopes clearly indicating the position applied for and serial number to the address below, including an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae, copies of Certified Transcripts and Certificates, Postal and Telephone Contacts, Names and Telephone Contacts of three referees:
Applications should reach the University through the following address
P.O Box 317,
Kabale University Kampala Liaison Office,
3rd Floor, Reev House, Plot 515,
Bombo Road, Wandegeya -Kampala.
- Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
- Applicants shall be subjected to background check.
Kabale University is an Equal Opportunities Organization