|Date Posted||August 11, 2020|
The primary responsibility is to document the company’s technical information including software developmental documentation, workflows, coding processes, user manuals etc
- Determine the needs of users of technical documentation.
- Study product samples and talk with product designers and developers.
- Work with technical staff to make products and instructions easier to use.
- Write or revise supporting content for products.
- Edit material prepared by other writers or staff.
- Standardize content across platforms and media.
- Collect user feedback to update and improve content.
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements.
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience.
- Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and developer guides.
- Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities.
- Create and maintain the information architecture.
- Develops a thorough understanding of the audience and the documentation required by meeting with colleagues, and working with managers to discuss technical problems.
- Researches and builds knowledge about products, services, technology, or concepts to be documented.
- Determines the clearest and most logical way to present information and instructions for greatest reader comprehension and writes and edits technical information accordingly.
- Prepares or commissions graphics and illustrations to elaborate on or complement technical writing.
- Meets with subject matter experts in order to ensure that specialized topics are appropriately addressed and discussed.
- Collaborates with translators as necessary to convert writing into a variety of languages.
- Works with sales and marketing colleagues to ensure that the finished documentation meets product requirements.
- Revises, edits, or updates instructions, technical information, and frequently asked questions as necessary.
- Creates, adapts, and follows project schedules and deadlines.
- Remains up-to-date on technological and product developments as well as universal specifications relevant to the company.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Graduate in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
- 3 to 5 years relevant working knowledge & experience in IT and minimum 2 years technical writing of software documentation
- Excellent written skills in English and skills in information architecture & design, GIT and content management (Access to portfolio/ project is a must)
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates are encouraged to apply by uploading an application/cover letter in Pdf/Microsoft Word format not exceeding 2MBs stating the exact position they are applying for, current and expected salary, daytime contacts, detailed Curriculum Vitae with three professional referees.