|Date Posted||November 20, 2023|
Education / Teaching
JOB TITLE: Teacher of Maths, SST and English
NUMBER OF VACANCIES: Two
DUTY STATION: Primary School in Luwero
QUALIFICATION: Minimum Grade 3 Certificate in Teaching (Primary School)
CLOSING DATE: SUNDAY 10TH DECEMBER 2023
• Plan and teach lessons to the classes they are assigned to within the context of the school’s plans, curriculum and schemes of work.
• Assess, monitor, record and report on the learning needs, progress and achievements of assigned pupils.
• Participate in arrangements for preparing pupils for external examinations
• Organizes and maintains the classroom environment in consideration of the health and safety standard operating procedures.
• Organizes, keeps, and updates records of individual learners on a timely basis.
• Ensures maintenance of a tidy and stimulating environment with a focus on the care of personal and school property within the classroom and school.
• Collects, and provides information to colleagues, parents, and management about issues affecting students.
• Assesses learners progress through various meetings, and reports.
• Encourages positive communication between home and school, whilst liaising with the Head teacher
• Clarify to learners the consequences of infringing the rules and regulations.
• Checks personal effects such as uniform, essential equipment, topic outlines, revision topics, examination timetable, and other materials, their use, and condition.
• Makes professional observations of learners’ behavior, appearance, friendships, or any significant changes that are likely to require action or intervention.
• Helps learners develop class rules and regulations, and draft a class behavioral contract.
• Promotes and safeguards the welfare of learners that fall under his/her responsibility.
• Maintain and uphold school standards of punctuality, correct uniform, and appropriate dress.
• Monitors learners’ attendance records to curb truancy and tardiness.
• Alert other teachers and administration on individual learner’s lateness and patterns of absence.
• Seeks audience with parents to discuss matters of tardiness and academic progress.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandan nationals to fill posts that have fallen vacant in a Private Nursery and Primary School in Luwero. Applications should be submitted in soft copy to the email address: email@example.com. Applicants should submit an application letter, CV and attach photocopies of academic certificates, transcripts, and National ID.