|Date Posted||January 14, 2020|
Health Care / Medical
University Research Co., LLC (URC), a US-based public 🙁 health organization working in Uganda since 2005 is an implementer for the USAID's Regional Health Integration to : Enhance Services in East Central Uganda (USAID'S RHITES EC) Activity. The purpose of the Activity is to support delivery of integrated health and HIV services in 12 districts of EastCentral Uganda .
(1) With technical guidance of the Regional Program Manager, HIV care and Treatment, TB and VMMC Advisors, the HIV/TB Specialist will support the respective district health teams in strengthening capacity of healthcare facility teams to improve quality of HIV and TB services through onsite training, support supervision, clinical and QI mentoring/coaching.
Specific Responsibilities: -
- Lead in routine assessment and identification of capacity building and service delivery needs for ensuring quality services across the continuum of the HIV and TB response;
- Participate in capacity enhancement activities including organizing tailored site mentorships to address performance and quality gaps, in accordance with project, cluster and district-specific weekly, monthly and quarterly implementation plans;
- Participate in support supervision, mentoring and coaching activities using the Quality Improvement approach in line with the national quality improvement framework;
- Participate in data quality assessment and data quality improvement initiatives;
- Participate in performance review mechanisms at regional, cluster, district and facility level;
- Support Supply chain Officers, district and facility teams in the appropriate management of commodities for supporting service delivery along the 95:95:95 cascades for HIV and TB services;
- Support implementation of the Differentiated Service delivery models for HIV Care and treatment in the districts/ health facilities under his/her jurisdiction;
- Coordinate with supervisor and respective program component Advisors to supervise and guide the VMMC Officer, supply chain Officer and care and treatment interns in their day-to-day project activities;
- Closely work with the Cluster M&E Officer to ensure that weekly, monthly and quarterly results are reported as per project reporting guidelines, including ensuring quality of HIV and TB data;
- Closely work with the District Program Officers (DPOs) and the district mentors to coach health workers in the various aspects of HIV and TB management to ensure quality of HIV and TB services and achievement of set target;
- Participate in activities under other program areas as will be assigned by the supervisor.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Required Experience and Qualifications:-
- Bachelor's Degree in Medicine (MBChB), and additional training and experience in HIV/AIDS and TB clinical management;
- Additional post-graduate training will be of added advantage;
- At least 3 years of experience working with HIV/AIDS and TB clinical service delivery support programs;
- Knowledge in clinical HIV/AIDS and TB management, including the current national guidelines for HIV prevention, care and treatment and TB management; • Experience in training and mentoring other healthcare workers
(3) Other desired attributes:
• Demonstrated leadership and teamwork;
• Produces high quality work in a timely, cost-effective manner;
• Experience in managing quality improvement interventions and technical/institutional capacity building programs;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Job Education Requirements: Degree
Job Experience Requirements:3 Years
Application Procedure: Qualified applicants should hand deliver OR send via E-mail their complete applications with a cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of academic credentials and contact information for 3 professional references addressed to:
Human Resource Coordinator,
University Research Co., LLC - Centre for Human Services
Plot 1 Bridge Lane, Mpumudde Division
P.O. Box 5053, Jinja-Uganda.
Tel: +256 (0) 393 217 617, +256 200 300 200
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews and "URC-RHITES-EC does NOT ask for any facilitation/ application fees for advertised positions"