|Date Posted||August 25, 2019|
The role provides a strong mix of strategic and operational experience to VisionFund’s dedicated global staff. Developing leaders, high-potential talent and a highly effective workforce across the Network will be key to the success of the VisionFund strategy and Our Promise. Reporting to Global People & Culture and Governance Director, this role, together with the VFI executives, and in alignment with World Vision Talent Management strategy and processes, will be responsible for building Talent and Leadership strategies that are purpose-driven, performance-oriented, and principles-led.
The role will lead the development of Vision Fund’s leadership academy and Talent Management strategy to ensure VisionFund has a strong leadership pipeline and is able to attract and retain highpotential leaders with the necessary development support. Talent and Leadership strategies will support both strategic and operational effectiveness, they will foster a collective agile and learning culture where high potentials are enabled to thrive.
Strategic and Operational Effectiveness:
- Building a robust organizational leadership framework and core competencies scorecard to track and strengthen organizational capabilities.
- Developing and maintain tools in order to align organizational needs and gaps.
- Developing a talent strategy that identifies and cultivate a talent pool for the organisation of tomorrow organizational mindsets and behaviors.
- Developing and collaborating with World Vision, VFI specific talent initiatives to foster succession planning and identify ‘high potential’ talent for longer term development planning.
- Designing and implement an effective Talent Review processes to ensure VFI has the capability required to drive future strategic goals.
- Forecasting future leadership needs and coordinating that with overall workforce planning.
- Contribute to talent identification, leadership recruitment and selection.
Agile and Learning Culture:
- Developing VisionFund’s leadership academy programme that fosters a high performing culture of excellence.
- Influencing organisational culture and engagement by strengthening VisionFund’s brand and utilizing core competencies for staff and leaders.
- Delivering on the diversity and inclusivity goals of organization to foster a learning culture, based on curiosity, engagement, insight and determination.
- Developing and utilizing (already available) talent management and culture tools and practices that foster growth and collaboration between leaders.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Track record in designing and successfully implementing Talent Management and Review processes and resultant initiatives in complex international organizations.
- Proven in the review of and establishment of leadership development frameworks across a ‘group’; functional and regional basis, building an ‘organizational way’ of leadership.
- Strong expertise in learning and development and capacity development in complex organizational settings.
- Senior HR executive with extensive experience in provide HR capability to senior executives, presidents/CEO’s and Boards.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, especially at Executive level.
- High service / customer orientation and commercial mind-set.
- Strong Cross-Cultural Communication, Facilitation, Coaching and development skills across major cultural areas.
- Understanding of business needs and drivers and ability to deliver value added solutions.
- Bias for action and capacity to deliver efficiently and effectively. Capability in project managing multiple complex strategies across a complex organization and multiple geographies.
- Clear and positive Christian faith commitment and capacity to provide leadership and guidance in this area.
- University degree in HR, Business or related field. A relevant Master’s degree would be considered desirable, coupled with extensive senior and executive level HR management.
- Innovative and problem-solving skills and capacity to deliver under pressure; pragmatism; persistence.
- Relevant field experience and understanding of the wider context within which VFI operates.
- Related Global HR certification desirable.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 20 % of the time.