|Date Posted||September 21, 2019|
Health Care / Medical
Makerere University Lung Institute (MLI) is a center of excellence for lung health research at the Makerere University College of Health Sciences. Our mission is to conduct high quality lung health research that integrates disease prevention, clinical care and training in Sub-Saharan Africa. MLI in collaboration with Servicio Madrileño de Salud/Fundación para la Investigación Biomédica Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre and EDCTP are conducting a clinical trial for empirical treatment of cytomegalovirus and tuberculosis among HIV positive infants. MLI now seeks to recruit personnel for the Trial. Reports to: Site Principal Investigator Station: Kampala Engagement: Full time Duration: 1 year with possibility of renewal Position Summary: The Study Nurse will be responsible for the accurate completion of visit procedures and collection of information from study patients according to protocol, and welfare of study participants. .
• Provide information about the study to potential participants
• Consent study participants
• Administer questionnaires to collect data during recruitment and follow up of enrolled participants
• Resolution of data queries as they arise
• Perform quality assurance and quality control checks
• Maintain strict confidentiality with regards to study participants
Job Skills: Not Specified
• At least a Diploma in Nursing
• Must be registered with the Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council
• Experience in the usage of computers / MS Office Packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
• Good interpersonal skills
• Effective Communication; ability to write in a clear and concise manner and to communicate orally
• Flexible and reliable with demonstrated ability to adapt to different clinical/research environments
• Must be diligent, honest and able to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to work well in a team
• Willing to learn new skills to obtain high-quality research data.
• Able to speak and translate between Luganda and English.
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should email their application letters, CVs with two professional referees; and photocopies of academic qualifications to
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be addressed to:
Makerere University Lung Institute
College of Health Sciences
Upper Mulago Hill Road
P.O. BOX 7749, Kampala, Uganda