|Date Posted||November 8, 2019|
Reports to: Supply Chain Manager
People Performance Group (PPG) was founded in 2006 by Larry Holm who is still the Director. PPG initially started as a Recruiting Firm and Human Resource Training firm but over the years, our service portfolio has grown to include Facility Management, Man Power outsourcing, Psychometric Tests with Ugandan norm groups, Team Building, and other Organisation Development services.
Over the years, PPG turnover has more than doubled, which has seen us grown to increase our staff, both internal and outsourced and also expand to open up an office in Kigali.
Over the years, PPG has grown to become a leading service provider firm with expert advice for human resource consultancy and integrated facility management (IFM). Some of the services we provide include Manpower outsourcing; recruitment, salary survey, and staff development i.e. team building, training, board assessment, performance management and other organisation Development procedures.
Job Summary: The Stores and Logistics Coordinator oversees the movement, distribution and storage of final products for JESA Farm Dairy Ltd to ensure the safe and efficient custody of company inventory and to ensure that customers get goods on time.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop logistical plans for current operations and logistics contingency plans.
- Assist in the processing and preparation of annual budgets; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances and initiating
- Develop and execute tools and methodologies to enable effective implementation of logistic plans.
- Scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Setup layout and ensure efficient space utilization
- Stock and inventory management
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Track all dispatched items to ensure that they reach their final destinations and also track the incoming goods to ensure
- Ensure maintenance of adequate stock levels to prevent product stock outs and expiries for finished products
- Manage the stock movement process for and finished goods
- Ensure maintenance of adequate internal controls over inventory and other company assets
- Ensure traceability of final product is visible
- Plan for adequate space allocation of products and ensure that the warehouse meets the hygiene health and safety workplace standards and is operated in compliance with our safety and security procedures.
- Plan work rotas, assign tasks appropriately and appraise results
- Together with HR, assist with Recruitment and selection for the department.
- Responsible for the orientation, coaching and motivation of supervised staff including dispatch officers, store keepers, and
- Coordinate with other departments like production, procurement, Quality and sales to ensure smooth operations
- Inspect and ensure that all company fleet is in good condition as per the law
- Schedule repair and maintenance of fleet routinely
- Maintain all statutory and legal records for the fleet i.e. log books, Insurance etc
- Assess and recommend to management procurement or disposal of vehicles as a need arises.
- Ensure that the company’s vehicle policy is followed
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a degree in procurement, supply chain and logistics management or stores management any
other business-related field.
- Knowledge in computer operation in packages such as Microsoft office packages and other related software applications.
- Application of supply chain management techniques e.g. re-order levels, ABC or Pareto Analysis, FIFO.
- Skills in inventory management.
- Good writing and reporting skills
- Team player.
- At least 2 – 3 years of experience in a stores, warehouse, or inventory control function.
- Experience working in a food and beverage of FMG company will be an added advantage
All interested and qualified candidates please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees to the address or e-mail below. Applications may not exceed 2MBs.
While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.