|Date Posted||November 30, 2021|
Agri-Buddy Uganda Limited is a community based Agri-business enterprise that is registered to operate in Uganda as a Company limited by guarantee. The Company has its Head Offices at Plot 49, Ntinda Road. The Company deals in agriculture production and processing with an extended outlet based in Rukiga District in Western Uganda. The Company is looki Background ng for eligible talent to cover human resource gaps required to increase its business capacity as well as successfully deliver its stated goals and objectives. Agri-buddy Uganda Limited therefore invites suitably qualified candidates to fill existing positions based as per the located sites.
Job Title: Station Manager
Reports to: Operations Manager
Hours of Work: Full time
Location: The Position is based in Rukiga District
Engagement Terms: 2 years Contract Renewable upon Performance and availability of resources
The Station Manager under the guidance of the Operations Manager will be working closely with the farmers and the team. He/ She will be responsible for the day-to-day planning and supervision of the Input shop, ensure professional standards of work are maintained and drive sales.
Overall Purpose/Broad Function:
Based in Rukiga District in South Western Uganda, the Station Managers’ role is to plan, supervise and implement the activities as designed in the implementation framework. The Officer also pursues partnership development with authorities and farmer groups in the area to increase sales in line with Agribuddy Uganda Limited policies and program objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Increase sales purchases for all products
2. Coordinate between the Agronomist and farmers for training services
3. Capture the farmers’ needs / requirements and communicate with the team
4. Capture new market trends and advise farmers on New farming Technologies they can adopt to increase yields
5. Manage cash flows from purchase and sales
6. Prepare, plan and implement activities within the district
7. Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly and annual work plan, budget and reports
8. In charge of monthly store stock taking and provide monthly stock take reports
9. Implement risk management and compliance activities to mitigate operational and financial risks.
10. In charge of organization’s stores and ensure regular update of stock card.
11. Ensure that all office premises and equipment are cleaned appropriately at all times
12. Document and share best practices in agriculture and how to increase sales revenue.
13. Account for all project activities as may be required.
14. Any other duties assigned.
This position supervises Support staff
a) The ideal candidate must hold a Degree in Agriculture, or Diploma in Agribusiness management and related competences.
b) Training in Project Planning and Management is an added advantage.
c) At least 3 years’ experience working with rural communities and local partners including local government.
d) Personal Competences Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and networking skills.
e) Demonstrated ability to work with various partners including Local governments and CBOs
f) Providing support for general office operations and the implementation of AUL programs
g) Good report writing, and presentation skills coupled with good knowledge of Ms. Office programs including Word, Excel and power point.
h) Excellent verbal, written and communication skills. Knowledge of local dialects is required