|Date Posted||August 11, 2020|
The Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS) is a statutory body under the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Co-operatives established by the UNBS Act Cap 327. It is governed by the National Standards Council and headed by the Executive Director who is responsible for the day-to-day operation of UNBS. The mandate of UNBS is to develop, promote and enforce national standards in order to enhance competitiveness of Ugandan products, promote fair trade and protect consumers and the environment.
STANDARDS OFFICER – 8 Positions (1- certification, 2- analyst, 1-Metrology, 1-Inspection, and 3-
The Standards Officers will mainly provide standardisation activities to UNBS stakeholders
• Develop, implement and enforce National Standards as guided by UNBS Act, regulations and procedures
• Offer technical and scientific input in the planning and operations of UNBS standardization programmes
• Conduct stakeholder analysis and incorporate requirements in the work programme in consultation with the supervisor
• Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly and annual reports
• Conduct any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor or management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants should preferably hold an Honors Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Food science, Food Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Physics and Engineering qualification from recognized University/Institutions
- The applicant must be computer literate with skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet applications.
- At least two years’ post-graduate experience
- The successful candidate needs to be a team player, an excellent communicator with good oral communication and presentation skills.
- Age: Between 25 and 35 years
The successful candidate must have a high level of integrity, professionalism, Communication,
Teamwork and Analytical skills.
Interested persons with the requirements are encouraged to apply as per the guidance below;
- Please follow the link thus; https://hrm.unbs.go.ug/jobs/apply
- Use your email address for registration
- Fill in all tabs as per the application as required
- Attach your updated CV with mobile telephone numbers indicated, copies of academic qualifications and national identity card under the tab for documents
- Complete your application by clicking ‘submit application’
- No hand delivered applications will be received
- Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- UNBS does not request for any payments at any stage of recruitment and review process
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
The details of this job advert are in the attachment below