|December 1, 2023
Job Title: Specialist Products Quality Assurance & Testing
Reporting to: Manager – Product Development
Division – Products & Services
No. of Vacancies: 1
Mission/ Core purpose of the Job
The Products Specialist QA & Testing role involves designing, developing, reviewing of regression test plans and test scripts to ensure quality and accuracy of new products as well as affirming proper functionality of existing ones. This cuts across through Solution Integration Tests all the way to Post Deployment Tests tailored towards alignment of Mobile Financial Services product Roadmap and delivery of Business Performance goals and targets.
Main Job Functions:
• Design, develop, and execute test plans, test cases, and test scripts to ensure quality and accuracy of products.
• Support product enhancements across the different segments to keep MTN MoMo at the forefront of innovations.
• Ensure Mobile Money Products & services are aligned to the different segments and take action to maintain and increase usage to maximize MFS Products ARPUs.
• Analyzing and troubleshoot customer reported product issues to determine root cause and corrective action.
• Liaise with product owners, managers, and developers to ensure quality of products
• Support in determining demand feasibility and viability of new Mobile Money Products for customers.
• Responsible for development, maintenance of the design integrity and delivery of business-critical Products,
• APIs and Microservices across Group FINCO to meet current and future enterprise software and application needs.
• Define and develop processes and procedures to ensure product quality and compliance with regulations
and drive implementation of customer centric MFS products and solutions that quickly induce trial, usage and capture from the different Segments
• Support Agile Projects deployment and management of inhouse & third-party MFS Products and Services providers.
• Monitoring Mobile Money & API services’ performance, i.e., uptime, penetration, and usage, and provide periodic written reports/feedback and responding to customer feedback.
• Work with the Go2Market teams to suggest new Marketing plans to enhance usage for new and existing products
• Working closely with the business & technology teams to deploy alongside third-party MFS Service providers engaged in integrating MFS products & APIs.
• Play a key stakeholder management role on the different cross-functional teams involved in developing and
managing new and existing MFS Products
• Develop and present user requirement specifications, product roadmaps, business cases, and product
positioning documents on the Mobile Money products & services roadmap
• Design processes and procedures to guide testing, implementation, and launch of new Mobile Money
services with comprehensive and up-to-date test documentation
• Frequently Review & Test product functionality and channel feedback where necessary to meet market
• Develop and present training material and tools to effectively support sales and other stakeholders to keep them abreast of the latest product and market information in the MFS space.
• Bachelor’s degree in information communications technology or related field.
• At least 2 years of experience in telecommunications, product development/agile project management, customer services, or marketing
Knowledge & Training:
• Technology proficiency with data mining & excellent analytical skills.
• Team player with good communication and excellent interpersonal skills
• Flexibility and ability to handle stress with good planning and organization skills.
• Excellent knowledge of Fintech products & services.
• Excellent Coordination skills
• Fluency in English and local languages.
• Creative mindset.
• Leadership skills.