|Date Posted||June 3, 2020|
Education / Teaching
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is the largest Finnish international aid organization. We operate in 14 countries, where the needs are most dire. We work with the poorest people, regardless of their religious beliefs, ethnic background or political convictions. Our work is based on rights, which means that our operations are guided by equality, non-discrimination and responsibility. FCA is now looking for competent persons to fill the following positions:
Special Needs Education Teacher will contribute to the general delivery of inclusive learning through support to learning preparations, instruction which facilitates equitable participation of pupils with different learning impairment and disabilities in the learning process both in & out of classrooms. Plan together with colleagues, deliver the lessons, carry out continuous assessment of learners and plan for remedial lessons when required. Serve as case managers and be responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of pupils’ Individualized Education Programs (IEPs). Engagement with community aimed at promoting access to schools by children with learning impairments
• Assess students’ skills and determine their educational needs
• Adapt general lessons to meet different pupils’ needs
• Develop Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) for each pupil
• Plan activities that are specific to each pupil’s abilities
• Teach and mentor pupils as a class, in small groups, and one-on-one
• Implement Individualized Education Programs, assess pupils’ performance, and track their progress
• Update Individualized Education Programs throughout the school year to reflect pupils’ progress and goals
• Discuss pupils’ progress with parents, other teachers, counselors, and administrators
• Supervise and mentor teaching assistants who work with pupils with disabilities
• Prepare and help pupils transition from grade to grade and from school to life outside of school
• Support fellow teachers in preparing and delivering inclusive lessons
• Strictly adhere to and uphold all the professional code of conduct and relevant policies of the organisation ( Teachers code of conduct, FCA staff code of conduct, child protection and safeguarding policies and any other)
Qualifications and Experience
• Grade III teaching certificate from a recognized teacher training college. Additional advance training in SSpecial Needs education at any level is a relevant requirement for this position.
• Must be registered with Ministry of Education, Science and Sports.
• At least 1 years’ experience in primary school teaching
• High integrity personnel to control the teaching materials available and demonstrated knowledge of teachers cord of conduct.
• Willing to work with refugee community in promoting access to education
• Basic understanding of refugee situation and able to live within the refugee communities.
• Must have willingness to work with pupils who have moderate to severe disabilities.
• Should be willing and able to work with general education teachers, specialists, administrators, and parents to develop IEPs.
• Must be comfortable using and learning new technology.
• Should be willing and able to work in classrooms or resource centers that include pupils with disabilities.
Interested applications should submit their academic credentials, CV, Cover letter explaining their ability, skills and how your previous experience and training is relevant to the position you are applying for. Applications should be addressed to;
The Area Manager,
Finn Church Aid,
Kyaka II Field Office.
Please mark the envelop with the position being applied for. Submission of applications is by Hand-delivery to
Finn Church Aid Kyaka II Field office or designated areas of delivery,
Only shortlisted applicants who will be invited for interviews
NB: • Women and PWDS are encouraged to apply.
• Host and Refugee communities are encouraged to apply