|Date Posted||August 23, 2019|
Sales and Marketing
Provides technical support and guidance to staff and partners in the region and in country offices. Implements and monitors technical strengthening initiatives. Develops adoption and/or training strategy, designs and conducts training or adoption activities for a specific technical area. Creates scientific and technical material in area of expertise. Assists and gives guidance with development of proposals. Works with communities and partners to maximize local capacity. Evaluates programmatic effectiveness and provides technical assessment reports.
- Provides technical support in the development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, papers, and intervention for research projects.
- Works closely with assigned team to ensure activities are implemented according to standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
- Writes and edits technical reports and documents.
- Assists with publications, web pages, and presentations.’
- Conducts searches of published literature on evolving issues in assigned technical area.
- Monitors and maintains protocols, instruments, data sets, manuals, training materials and reports.
- Responds to requests and inquiries from internal and external staff.
- Develops or writes technical briefs, reports, or other necessary materials to facilitate research, best practices, policies and procedures.
- Assists with the implementation of research studies by monitoring and documenting processes.
- Conducts analysis of program implementation to identify areas for improvement and propose appropriate technical strategy and guidelines.
- Prepares reports and papers summarizing project results.
- Delivers presentations at professional meetings and conferences.
- Ensures project implementation adheres to company strategy and remains technically sound.
- Provides leadership and team building at the task level.
- Leads the design, development, planning, and implementation of global level innovative technical strategies.
- Oversees all aspects of the programs/projects.
- Develops strategies and tools for the design and implementation of specific technical components.
- Analyzes data sets and technical assessment findings.
- Develops and monitors work plans.
- Provides leadership and team building at the project level.
- Serves as company liaison to external organizations at professional meetings and conferences as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures with providing technical support for research studies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent and demonstrated program/project management skills.
- Ability to influence and collaborate with others.
- Demonstrated proficiency with using Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, identify errors and prepare reports.
- Ability to problem solve and implements corrective action as needed.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Works on problems of complex scope that require analysis and in
- depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Networks with key internal and external personnel.
- Decision may cause delays or failure to achieve results that impact departmental goals.
- Determines methods and procedures on new projects and assignments.
- Serves as team lead and may supervise other lower level personnel.
- Typically reports to an Associate Director or Director.
- Serves as team lead and may supervise other lower level personnel. If supervising, FHI360 competency “People Management” will be an area of focus. People Management (Making Others Great). Facilitate professional development of staff by providing challenging, learning assignments and opportunities. Shares and solicits feedback monthly at the very least. Helps establish compelling development plans. Assigns responsibility and accountability for tasks/decisions. Monitors process, progress and results. Creates a climate in which people want to do their best.
- Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent in Economics, Education, Environment, Health, Human Development, Information Science, International Development, Social Sciences or Related Field.
- Typically requires 8+ years of managing data collection and technical assistance experience.
- Proficiency with database management software and on-line search tools required.
- Has sensitivity to cultural diversity and understanding of the political, contextual, and ethical issues in assigned areas.
- Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private company.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other hand held devices.
- 10% - 25%
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
As we evolve to meet the challenges of the future, we stand committed to the principles that have guided our organization for the last 40+ years. Our work continues to be grounded in research and science, strengthened by partnerships and focused on building the capacity of individuals, communities and countries to succeed.