|Date Posted||May 13, 2022|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Evaluating internal controls with a view to assessing the level of audit risks and, the appropriateness of risk management policies and procedures
• Participating in preparation of the audit plan
• Monitoring execution of audit programmes including
• routine financial audit, performance audit, IT audit and other special audits
• Reviewing audit working papers and documentation
• Following up recommendations from previous audits
• Drafting audit findings and conclusions
• Compiling audit findings for discussion with management
• Supervising, appraising and developing subordinate internal audit staff.
• Examining, verifying and safeguarding assets with the Commission.
• Verifying and validating payments before the payment is authorized
• Providing guidance and advice to the Secretary on proper financial procedures and regulations.
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Job and Person Specification
• Academic and Professional Qualifications
• A Honours Bachelor degree in Finance and Accounting, Business Administration Commerce with a bias in Accounting and Finance
• Full professional qualification in Accountancy or Audit obtained from a recognized awarding body
• Or Full professional qualification in Accountancy or Audit discipline obtained from a recognized awarding institution/ body plus at least a postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration or a Management related field obtained from a recognized awarding Institution.
• At least three (3) years working experience gained at the level of an Internal Auditor or Accountant in Government or an equivalent level of Audit work experience from a reputable organization.
• Audit Strategy and Planning Understands overall Internal Audit vision, mission and strategic objectives.
• Is able to analyze and interpret financial information and Statements.
• Identify skills and experience needed to meet the objectives of Audit strategy, Monitor and evaluate the audit strategy
The application forms can be obtained from the Public Service Commission Offices, on 2nd floor, Farmers House, Kampala or on Public Service Commission website: www. psc.go.ug or at the Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC) Offices, plot 7, Luthuli close-Bugoloobi, Kampala. Applicants should submit their applications using Public Service Form 3 (PSF 3), to the Commission Headquarters or ON-LINE @ email@example.com with the following attachments in triplicates: Detailed Curriculum vitae (one of the two referees should be the current employer or most recent employer), copies of academic transcripts, certificates and three passport size photographs
Applications should be addressed to the
Secretary, Equal Opportunities Commission,
P.O. Box 27672, Kampala
Applications should be addressed to the Secretary, Equal Opportunities Commission, P.O. Box 27672, Kampala