|Date Posted||May 28, 2022|
Sales and Marketing
Develop, maintain and provide technical expertise in order to transfer knowledge of integration technology components to development and support teams Play a very active role as a technical expert during all phases of Marketplace platform development life cycle and participate in architecture brainstorming and design discussions with technical team members Subject matter expertise in delivering integration with Magento (and similar), Ecommerce technology integrations, Mobile App (Android & IOS) , ERP and a plethora of external systems and other custom and cloud based solutions. Provide recommendations on industry and application integration trends in analyzing and planning current and future needs, specifically in the areas of SOA, APIs, EAI, and ESB Ensure that architecture principles and standards are consistently applied Add technical and strategic input during the planning phase in the form of technical architectural designs and recommendations.
Main Job Functions:
• Develop high level technical and integrated business architecture requirements to meet marketplace use cases.
Define marketplace integration points and merchants onboarding processes.
• End-to-end system understanding of marketplace workflows.
• Manage technical and feature roadmap of the marketplace.
• Ensure that the business requirements are reflected in the design and final system.
• Continuous business process optimization of marketplace.
Draft/define workflow for product catalogue – SKU codes, stocking management and order management.
• Facilitate and advice on systems/capability for routine promotional campaigns
• Strategic Meetings
• Participate and provide input in strategic meetings
• Perform evaluation baseline of key constraints
• Participate in industry events that are shaping the digital evolution
• Manage and resolve escalations that have impact on critical path of projects delivery
• Escalate issues that will result in severe time, scope, productivity, and cost or resources or reputational impact
Manage and provide solutions through stakeholder consultation where possible
• Continuously review projects implementation performance, alignment to the business objectives while cognizant of the execution constraints.
• Leveraging several mediums, provide scheduled reporting on various aspects of projects progress, as required by Group FinTech.
• Report on an ad hoc basis on specific facets of projects, as required
• Manage project initiative budgets in line with business objectives
• Operational Delivery
• To perform technical analysis in consultation with stakeholders (architects, product owner, ops team, lead developers, enterprise architecture), in order to refine high level business requirements into detailed technical requirements
• Design scalable and robust, Ecommerce/Marketplace, Financial Services and Applications that integrate across different technologies
Provide technical alternative conceptual designs or high-level designs and potentially low level designs in response to business requirements and strategy
• Ensure technical architectures and solutions are aligned with Group principles and technology guidelines
• Estimate user and technical stories to help inform and prioritize backlog
• To act as a technical liaison between business and partners.
• Ways of Working
• Leading by Connecting: Connect people; stimulate collaboration and growth in teams across functions, operations and different cultures. Share experience and knowledge that leads to a learning organization, creating sustainable expertise which drives the development of people and innovative products,
• Leading by Delivery: Anticipate situations and take initiative to overcome them. The result is a swift and on time delivery of qualitative and quantitative results.
Leading by Vision: From analyzing the situation inside and outside the company and seeing opportunities until communicating the vision of the company including new ideas for sustainable business strategies, products, services and ways of working. The result is an inspiring vision on how to succeed in our markets with our consumers in the center.
• Leading by Change: From embracing change until leading and facilitating the implementation of change and handling of resistance for senior people. The result is an on-time implementation of change projects and actions while maintaining a high level of motivation and commitment.
• Leading by Owning: Take responsibility for own results as well as for company results and values. Stimulate this attitude in others, make co-workers accountable. The result is pro-activity, creativity and motivation: capable people who take ownership.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Competencies)
• Minimum of 4-year tertiary degree
• MBA or a master’s an advantage
• 5-10 years Product management experience in financial services or e-commerce
• A minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in defining, developing and deploying Financial Services solutions within a FinTech / data driven environment, preferably in a scalable/large scale Financial Services and/or Consumer Finance multi-country environment.
At least 5 years’ experience within a non-traditional FinTech/Consumer Finance environment, deploying nano/micro products whilst leveraging traditionally unconventional data and insights to deploy and optimize multi-territory/multi-products via mobile/telco channels.
• 5-10 years’ experience in defining, developing and project managing the technical and business solutions, and integration thereof, within a Ecommerce / FinServ/FinTech environment, etc.
• Prior experience Financial Services preferred, with experience within the telecom industry and with Mobile Money being an added advantage
• Functional Knowledge:
• Proven track record of technical and specialised know-how in the Digital Agile Projects
• Experience in digital services specifically in the areas ecommerce and logistics
• Abreast of global and regional outlook & best practices relating to Ecommerce/Digital portfolio
• Attitude of Innovation & thought leadership to the organisation and other stakeholders
• Emerging markets/ multi-cultural experience
• Ability to learn fast and master the trends in a continuously changing digital industry
• Willing and flexible to travel extensively throughout the MTN footprint to provide on ground support during implementations. Be required to travel to all allocated operations and required to spend extended time in those jurisdictions
Understanding of the digital ecosystem, players, technologies, business models and industry related best practices
• Be able to work under pressure in a modular, demanding and complex FinTech & Digital environment with minimal supervision
• Able to manage multiple assignments and agile enough to adapt to new challenges
• Strong written and communication skills
• Confident and assertive with a positive attitude
• Customer Centric
• Systems integration architecture
• Business Acumen
• Analytics and Interpretation
• Strategic Thinking
• Organizational Agility
• Digital mind-set
• Dealing with ambiguity and complexity
• Decision Making
• Conflict Management
• Financial and Numerical
• Behavioral Qualities
• Complete candour
• Culturally aware
• Emotional Maturity
• Team Player