|Date Posted||May 19, 2022|
Section: Planning, Reporting and Business Analysis
Reports to: Financial Controller.
Overall purpose of the job.
The Senior Accountant Planning, Reporting & Business Analysis is responsible for supporting and managing the financial planning and forecasting process, Strategic planning, Margin / Value analysis and reporting, Value-driven reporting to relevant stakeholders and delivering insight through reporting and analysis ensuring that this evolves to meet the needs of the business.
Specific duties/ Accountabilities:
Financial Planning and Analysis
• Support in the development of Financial and Business Operating Models based on internal inputs and external market factors
• Coordinate the preparation of the strategic and financial plans (annual operating plan) and forecasts based on the approved tariffs and overall company corporate strategy.
Prepare planning and reporting for Operating Costs in close collaboration with the heads of function (budget owners).
• Work closely with the Financial Controller on scenario planning
• Provide quarterly insights on the impact of the tariff determinations by ERA on the business
• Conduct periodic Margin (volume and price) Analysis while directing the business on areas of value creation, protection, and improvement
• Continuously seeking to ensure that internal business processes are optimized to manage costs and maintain the infrastructure necessary to support growth
Conduct periodic business intelligence and analysis through analysing current and historical data relevant to the Company, with the objective of improving strategic decision-making and providing a competitive advantage to the Company. This involves reporting through predictive analytics and prescriptive analytics, dashboard development, data mining, process mining, business performance management and benchmarking among others
Reporting and Performance management
• Provide timely and meaningful management reporting and ensure that the reporting continually evolves to meet the needs of the business. Reports include Monthly finance reports, monthly business corporate reports, annual reports, regulatory reports, Dashboards on key business value drivers like losses, revenues, margins, collections, safety, capital investments, and regulatory recoveries, among others.
• Support Regulatory function during tariff applications, CAPEX submissions and matters related to mainly submission of financial information to the regulators.
Continually update and evolve reporting to tell a compelling story of the Company’s business operations, strategy and value proposition and creation.
• Analyse cost variances to budget and report to functional managers to ensure accuracy, highlight potential issues and avoid cost overruns
• Support with any specific reporting on a monthly or ad hoc basis.
• Support the Financial Controller with ad-hoc financial analysis’ and act as a source for reporting and analysis needs
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
• The Ideal Candidate for the Senior Accountant Financial Planning Analysis & Reporting job must hold a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Commerce, Business Administration, Statistics, or any other associated discipline from a recognized university.
• Accounting professional in either CPA, ACCA, CIMA, or ACA
• At least three (3) years’ of continuously progressive and relevant working experience with at least 2 years at supervisory level.
Knowledge of investment and infrastructure portfolio strategy, tariff management and analysis and corporate finance
• Excellent technical financial and accounting skills
• Advanced analytical, organization, and interpersonal skills.
• Experience in setting up, implementing, and monitoring strong financial control systems.
• Good understanding of Ugandan tax legislation is added advantage.
• Proficiency in Spreadsheet use and Financial Modelling skills
• Able to thrive in a fast-paced setting/environment.
• Excellent collaboration, verbal, and written communication
Ability to break down challenges into meaningful parts and come to rational and well-thought-out conclusions
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Interested in process improvement.
• Willing to adapt quickly to quick changes in direction