|Date Posted||November 27, 2021|
Job Title Senior Accountant UCUSAF
Job Grade UCC7
Department Finance Division/Section
Reports To Manager Expenditure
Location Head Office
To review and control UCUSAF payment requests and claims and handle payroll processing.
• To prepare cheque payment vouchers for verification by Manager Expenditure.
• To maintain proper records of all payment vouchers and supporting documentations.
• To reconcile all creditors’ accounts and update creditors balances
• To liaise with procurement unit to ensure that all procurement documents are availed as supporting documents for payments.
• To prepare and issue WHT certificate to the respective suppliers and maintenance of the WHT register.
• To manage the payroll processing.
• To prepare cheques and input electronic funds transfer based on duly approved payment vouchers in accordance with the financial policies and procedures, including petty cash management
• Maintain cheque payment register for all cheque payments and proper record of all receipts issued, including maintenance of a register of unpaid cheques from customers.
• To ensure that all receipts for payments made are obtained timely from service providers/suppliers
Education and Professional qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Commerce or any related field and Part professional qualification, ACCA or CPA
• Four (4) years working experience in accounting.in a similar corporate setting.
• Experience in the Communications sector is an added advantage.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Business Alignment
• Expenditure control
• Logistic management
• Task Management
• Communication skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Analytical skill