|Date Posted||November 26, 2019|
Sun Guru Ltd is a Kampala-based renewable energy start-up, together with its international partners, INTEGRATION environment & energy, Envidatec GmbH and the Renewables Academy (RENAC), is currently establishing an effective office to support the implementation of an exciting Skills Development programme on behalf of the GIZ PREEEP programme and the Ministry of Energy and Minerals Development (MEMD). The 3-year programme which has already been approved commences on 01 December 2019.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regular updating, collation and preparation of project-related information (both print, electronic / web-based)
- Serve as the focal point for all general project-related enquiries and requests
- Management of mail and communication activities via mail out dispatch register
- Support to project advertising / marketing-related tasks
- Scheduling and organisation of all essential project-related appointments, meetings, workshops etc.
- Provision of logistical support to project-related activities, missions, international visitors etc. (transport, accommodation bookings etc.)
- Support and oversight of basic project / office-related procurement, e.g. basic office supplies, water, tea, event venues, refreshments etc.
- Support to documentation and reporting of critical meetings (minutes/proceedings)
- Support to data and knowledge-management tasks as per project filing and knowledge management procedures
- Maintenance of the absences, holiday/leave roster for project personnel
- Coordination and tracking of the project-vehicles via fleet management system
- Responsibility for general cleaning services, including utensils, equipment and pantry
- Support to office-related maintenance (including maintenance) and liaison with Estate office / landlords to fix all maintenance issues that may arise from time to time.
- Ensure that first aid kits are available.
- Provide first aid to staff who get abrupt illness
- Periodic stock taking of office items and updating the inventory accordingly
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Five years of experience as a secretary in a business or international project environment
- Excellent English language skills. Luo language skills are an advantage
- Strong inter-personal / people-skills, in international and multi-cultural contexts
- Proven communication and marketing skills
- Experienced in managing schedules, meetings etc. in multi-stakeholder contexts (business, government, international organisations, NGOs etc.)
- Proven experience in the application of procurement guidelines for goods and services
- Excellent awareness of what needs to be done. Strong self-organisation skills
- Experienced in MS Office applications, most importantly in MS Excel, and web-based tools
- Knowledge of business processes, information policy, Client Service Standards
- Good time manager with a positive and flexible attitude to work
- Excellent customer care and team-work skills
- Good planning and presentation skills, with an ability to organise and prepare meetings
- Ability to apply creative skills, think outside of the box
- Proven reporting and marketing communication skills
- Prior experience of working in the international development context is an advantage
All candidates should Email the following items to this email address:
Your job application should include the following items, which should be sent as one complete email with attachments in either Word.doc, JPEG or PDF formats:
- A complete and legible CV, outlining your relevant work history
- A motivation letter, outlining why you would like to work with Sun Guru and your expected gross monthly salary
- Copies of your academic qualifications
- A list of 3 referees who agree to be contacted for a background check