|Date Posted||October 9, 2019|
Education / Teaching
Windle International Uganda (WIU) is a registered International NGO whose primary mission is to equip refugees and others affected by conflict in Africa to meet the challenges of development through providing access to education, training and employment opportunities by advocacy and direct programme activity. WIU has been a leading provider of access to university education, post-primary education, and vocational training for conflict-affected Africans since 1996.
In partnership with the United Nations High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR), WIU seeks to recruit suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacancies that exist in Nakivale Refugee Settlement – Isingiro District.
Job Title: Secondary Graduate Teachers (Biology)
Reports to: Head teacher
Duty Station: Nakivale Secondary School
No. of Posts: 01 (One) .
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Intuitively prepares the schemes of work and lesson plans in line with approved curriculum.
• Conduct lessons and remedial work according to the set timetable.
• Set, administer and mark internal and external examinations.
• Develop and use instructional materials.
• Carry out continuous assessment and evaluation of student’s performance.
• Monitor and report on Students’ attendance
• Prepare departmental reports, records of work, and submit the same for inspection by the Head of department and/or the Head teacher.
• Undertake the recording of student attendances, in an efficient and timely manner.
• Exercise care in the use of equipment, and reporting faults to the appropriate authority.
• Recommend for purchase of appropriate books, audio-visual materials, software, equipment, training materials and other materials relevant to the department.
• Keeps and maintains class records.
• Guides and counsels students.
• Performs any other duty assigned by the relevant authority.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
• The Trained secondary teacher should possess a minimum of Bachelor in Education – Secondary or the equivalent from a recognized Institution.
• The candidate must also be registered with the Ministry of Education, Sports, Science and Technology plus a practical teaching experience of not less than Two (2) years gained from a busy school environment.
• Diploma holders with more than 4 years teaching experience may also be considered.
• Applicants must also have two subject combinations in the following areas; Biology /Chemistry.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor in Education
Job Experience Requirements: 4 years
All interested applicants who meet the specifications above should submit their applications including detailed Curriculum Vitae with three referees and copies of their relevant academic and professional documents addressed to:
The Human Resource Administrator
Windle International Uganda
Nakivale Field Office
We actively welcome all applications; however, only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interviews.
Windle International Uganda is an equal opportunities employer. Whilst all applications will be assessed strictly on individual merit, women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
No canvassing or lobbying will be tolerated. Individuals found to have done so will immediately be disqualified and blacklisted; We do not charge any money at any stage of the recruitment process.
WIU will not be held responsible in the event that a candidate pays money to any person who claims to act on behalf of or for WIU.