|Date Posted||August 23, 2019|
Education / Teaching
The overall role of the School Performance Improvement Team Lead is strategic leadership and oversight of the Performance Improvement Team. You develop and oversee implementation of interventions aimed at improving the performance of schools that respond to the M4R diagnostics, data analysis and action plans developed in response to the findings at central, district and school level.
Interventions will align with the SESIL/MOES five drivers targeting improved pupil and teacher attendance, children’s safety and security at school, teacher pedagogy and school leadership.
- Lead on overall strategy, intervention design and oversight of implementation of interventions around
- Teacher behaviour and performance
Head teacher effectiveness
- Gender and Inclusion
- Community Engagement
- School readiness
- Technical line management of two National
- Performance Leads and the Gender and Inclusion National Lead
- Participation in weekly Senior Management Team meetings, monthly Technical Team meetings and quarterly Review and Adaptation meetings
Senior interface with Teacher Instruction Education and Training / Basic Education / Pre-Primary Gender Unit, Special Needs Education, Primary Teachers Collegess/ Cluster Centre Tutors, Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Affairs and Ministry of Local Government and Ministry of Public Service
- Monthly and Quarterly reporting on PIT team activities, successes, challenges and learning.
- Work with national performance leads, Ministerial Departments and Agencies, STTA, regional teams, district staff and local governments to develop and pilot innovations which:
- Improve pupil and teacher attendance
- Prioritize teacher time on task so they maximise the time spent by pupils actually learning
- Improve head teacher leadership that promotes learning
- Promote effective school monthly senior management meetings
- Recommend action and hold staff to account
- Reduce violence against children
ensure that parents and the community are better aware of their role, are focused the five drivers of
- Improved learning and better able to hold schools to account
- Ensure that the topics for school based CPD emerge from the inspection reports, monthly reviews of performance on the five drivers and HT routine observations of teachers
- Ensure that the classroom supervision component is the main focus of the inspection process
- Raise the quality of school inspection
Design and monitor support to HTs / School
- Management Committees with internalizing inspection as a school improvement toolRequirements
- Experience of leading and managing a team to deliver on tight deadlines.
- Able to supervise and lead the national performance leads
- Proven track-record in leading teacher effectiveness initiatives.
- Able to interface with TIET, Basic, Gender, SNE at a senior level.
- Lead and specify the technical focal areas in which they will need pre-entry experience.
- Teacher development experience, and one or more of the following inspection / gender / community engagement / school readines
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online by 23rd September, 2019