|Date Posted||June 24, 2022|
Sales and Marketing
The Sales Engineer will be responsible for overseeing the organization’s objectives through the sale and after-sale services to achieve a satisfied client portfolio. On a daily bases, the Sales Engineer will sell and service solar energy projects, in line with the company’s policies and best practices in the industry.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:1 year
Title position: Sales engineer
SolarNow was founded on the belief that everyone should have access to clean, affordable, and reliable energy. Thousands of families and businesses in Uganda and Kenya have benefited from solar energy solutions provided by SolarNow over the last 11 years. Initially focusing on solutions for rural homes and small businesses, SolarNow has in the last 11 years evolved into an energy solution provider supporting productivity increases for businesses, farmers, and institutions such as schools, hospitals, corporations, and nongovernmental organizations (NGOs).
The Sales Engineer will be responsible for overseeing the organization’s objectives through the sale and after-sale services to achieve a satisfied client portfolio. On a daily bases, the Sales Engineer will sell and service solar energy projects, in line with the company’s policies and best practices in the industry. Excellent customer experience, a proven capability to engage in corporate business discussions, and a solid network of potential buyers is a fundamental parts of the role. The Sales Engineer will collaborate with other departments in ensuring the company’s sustainability, will engage in training activities, will scope solar markets, and will ensure the necessary reporting to the supervisors and the customers.
- Develop a pipeline of corporate potential customers through marketing the company’s services and identifying virgin business segments.
- Collaborate with senior engineers in generating solar project proposals in line with the company’s policies and best practices in the industry.
- Support in Energy Assessments for potential clients or under consultancies to identify the load profile and deliver commercially viable proposals.
- Be part of the technical team to install solar systems while following safety & installation practices in line with local & international standards and company policies.
- Provide user training and installation reports and schedule preventive maintenance visits.
- Ensure full customer satisfaction before commissioning and handing over the project.
- Manage relationships with existing customers including but not limited to timely and professional
- responsiveness in case of reported system failures to provide grounds for future business opportunities.
- Ensure the proper administrative support by providing accountability for the facilitation provided as well as proper filing of all the documentation produced.
- Engage in all activities organized by SolarNow to promote teamwork and harmony in the organization.
About the position
Reports to: C&I manager
Location: Kansanga, Kampala, Uganda
Qualifications and competencies
- Engineering degree from a reputable university
- Minimum 1 years of experience selling solar projects on and off the grid.
- The holder of a Z permit from ERA or any relevant certification is an added advantage. • Microsoft office software competency. Knowledge of Autocad and solar design software is an added advantage
- High integrity, time keeping, result-oriented and able to deliver with minimum input and supervision.
- Only Ugandan Nationals are encouraged to apply.
Seniority Level: Junior
Employment type: Full-time
Job functions: Sales engineer
Compensation and benefits: Salary and benefits are competitive, and commensurate with experience.
SolarNow is an equal opportunity employer and will review applications based on a first-come first-serve basis & might close the vacancy ahead of schedule should a suitable candidate have been found.