|Date Posted||December 5, 2022|
Sales and Marketing
Job Title Sales And Marketing Executive
Location Kampala, Uganda
No. of Direct Reports 0
Reporting to SM Lead
Budget Responsibilities (Y/N) – N
Reporting to the SM Lead, the Sales & Marketing Executive’s role is to achieve an agreed revenue target or sales quota by identifying, developing and maintaining business from new and existing clients and ensure that the customer has complete satisfaction when dealing with MSU. In this position there is generally a higher emphasis on serving and building relationships with existing customers (80%) with minimal cold calling / finding new business (20%).
Key Responsibilities Measure
1. Achieve Sales Targets
Achieve a minimum of 300,000 condom sales per month, 50,000 tabs of Misoclear per month, Back Up 5,400 tabs per month and Mariprist 250 doses per month.
• Ensure collage of minimum 55 calls per day
• Ensure 70% productivity for the daily calls made
• Identify potential clients and build a rich prospect base of would-be buyers who have the resources and the desire to purchase MSU products so as to ensure that achieved sales meet set targets for the week, the month and the quarter.
• Train clients and traders on the use of MSI-Uganda’s products.
• Distribute Point of Purchase Materials to various vendors.
• Implements promotional programmes as designated by the Social Marketing Lead.
• Maintains customer relations through courtesy calls and other after sales services.
• Understanding the customer’s objectives, buying criteria and decision- making processes and forming long term business partnerships in order to leverage revenue from the relationship and promote the organization as a quality supplier with the aim of achieving “preferred” supplier status.
• Conducting product demonstrations (where applicable) and coordinating the preparation of sales proposals, tenders/bids, contracts and account management plans.
Working closely with new and existing clients to determine their present and future needs and proposing suitable products, services and upgrades in order to maintain and grow revenue for the organization.
Achievement of set targets
• Develop database of third stage potential clients.
• Percentage of sales versus cost of lead acquisition.
• Percentage of sales revenue through in bound and out bound marketing
• Percentage at which periodic targets are achieved
• Percentage of repeat business
• Level and quality of Customer Care and Service.
• Percentage of successful market activations and product promotion.
• Successful development and maintenance of key business relationship.
• Timely submission of daily / weekly / monthly reports.
• Accuracy of competitors’ activities data collection process is monitored and reported
Customer database is accurate, completed and updated Outlets are assessed against guidelines
• Outlet performance and needs are evaluated
• Accurately collect data and monitor competitor activities.
• Implementation of the retail data collection process within the trade.
• Assess outlets against set guidelines and evaluate their needs and performance.
• Gathers information relating to market performance of MSI-Uganda products against competitive products, including consumers and traders perception and attitudes, consolidates the findings and submits a report to the National Sales and Marketing Manager
• Develop and implement monthly planner for coverage
• Submit daily call report
• Conduct and submit weekly business review report
• Compile and submit monthly sales report, volume and narrative
• Compile and submit weekly competitor trade activity report
• Outlets are assessed against guidelines
• Outlet performance and needs are evaluated
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
• A minimum of a College Diploma in Commerce or in Business Administration with a Specialisation in Marketing.
• A minimum of four (4) years’ post qualification experience in Selling and Marketing fast moving consumer goods.
Must have had a prior training in Professional Selling Skills and in Customer Care
Qualifications and Training (essential/ desirable)
• Hard working and persuasive
• Quick decision making and highly intelligent
• Good interpersonal skills
• Flair for sales
Successful performance at MSI is not simply defined in terms of ‘what’ people achieve, but equally is about ‘how’ people go about their jobs and the impact that they have on others. We encourage and expect all team members will demonstrate the following behaviours:
• Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution
• Thinking creatively and outside of the box so that ideas generated create a positive outcome
• Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
• Being responsive to changing priorities and demands
• Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met
• Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality
Focus on Learning
• Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
• Awareness and understanding of goals, vision and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
• Drive and determination to deliver results
• Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate
• Openness to embracing change within the organisation and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
• Motivation towards achieving quality results to maximise potential
• Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible and showing respect for each other
MSI Behaviours and Values
Team Member Behaviours
Work as One MSI
• You contribute, use, and share accurate data and evidence to improve understanding, insight and decision-making across MSI, enabling us to maximise our ability to influence others.
• You share relevant knowledge, expertise and resources to strengthen teamwork and prevent duplication of effort.
• You actively work as part of a team, providing support and flexibility to colleagues, demonstrating fairness, understanding and respect for all people and cultures.
Show courage, authenticity and integrity
• You hold yourself accountable for the decisions you make and the behaviours you demonstrate.
• You are courageous in challenging others and taking appropriate managed risks.
Develop and grow
• You seek feedback to enable greater self-awareness and provide the same to others in a way which inspires them to be even more effective.
• You manage your career development including keeping your knowledge and skills up to date.
Deliver excellence, always
• You strive to consistently meet and exceed expectations, putting clients at the centre of everything, and implement smarter, more efficient ways of performing your role.
• You build and maintain effective long-term working relationships with all stakeholders, and are a true MSI ambassador.
Leadership (For Leaders only)
• You inspire individuals and teams, through situational leadership, providing clear direction.
• You seek and provide opportunities which motivate team members, helping to develop skills and potential whilst strengthening our talent and succession pipeline.
• You are aware of emerging developments in our sector, demonstrating strategic insight about our clients and business and encourage this in your team.
• You articulate a vision of the future which inspires and excites others.
• Mission driven: With unwavering commitment, we exist to empower women and men to have children by choice not chance.
• Client centred: We are passionate about our clients and dedicate our efforts to delivering agreed objectives to the highest possible quality.
• Accountable: We are accountable for our actions and take responsibility for everything we do to ensure long term sustainability and increased impact.
• Courageous: We recruit and nurture talented, passionate and brave people who have the courage to push boundaries, make tough decisions and challenge others in line with our mission.