|Date Posted||September 21, 2019|
Basic Needs UK in Uganda (BNUU) is a National Organization committed to supporting access to quality Mental Health Services in Uganda through in service training of health workers, research, advocacy and raising awareness about mental health issues in communities. With funding from Comic Relief through Network for Africa, BNUU is implementing a 3 years community mental health and development project in Agago District to strengthen mental health service delivery in the District. BNUU therefore seeks to recruit competent and qualified candidate to fill in the following positions. .
• Ensure maintenance of the BNUU M&E system including conducting reviews of progress against targets
• Developing the Mental Health and Development Watch series
• Synthesizing information for advocacy
• Conduct action research
• Managing the BNUU Database including the collection of data.
• Ensure the implementation of M&E tools and procedures (including consultation with programme staff to determine needs and appropriateness of the tools)
• Developing relationships with Academic and Research institutions
• Support in programme design and proposal discussions
• Analysis and reporting on progress of the BNUU strategic plan.
• Compile periodic quantitative output reports from programme staff
• Well organized, attentive to detail, able to set clear deadlines for self and have the people skills to get the best from others. Being self-driven, energetic and keen to test skills. Able to appreciate the importance of planning and scheduling tasks, without being inflexible or rigid. Able to strike a balance in being task oriented but with the interpersonal skills to work with other project contributors.
• Supports others in a team in making differences in standpoints and arguments explicit and considering them in a respectful manner and, through the way in which he/she behaves, helps bring the various arguments into line
• Results orientation (Motivation)
• When collaborating with others, sees to it their activities and decisions contribute to the team result, stimulates team members to take action where necessary and takes action himself/herself when the achievement of results is threatened
Planning and Organizing
• Ability to understand what it takes to implement an activity effectively and to pre-empt results. Has high standards and recognition of the need for procedures, careful planning, and co-ordination
• Showing, by displaying vision, action, and sticking to policy, aims at achieving equality between men and women in society, taking into account the environment.
• Organizational unit: Programmes Department
• Accountability: to Program Manager
• Responsible for: Data Clerk and Research Assistants
• Framework: management/result agreement, operational planning and individual planning
• Additional training in counseling skills is an advantage
• Knowledge of Acholi language (verbal and written)
• 3-5 years of relevant working experience
• Proven management capacity
• Knowledge and skills: - Proven monitoring and evaluation practice.
• Analytic and computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access).
• Experience using STATA, SPSS, Epi Info
• Good level of proficiency in Windows Excel and quantitative analysis
• Broad knowledge and understanding of data and information needs for programme management and decision-making
• Good Knowledge in organization development (OD) and change management
• Knowledge of and experience with methods and techniques of research, networking, stake holder’s analysis, advocacy, working with government institutions, donors and grass roots.
• Attention to detail
• supervision of human resources
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Basic Needs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate any individual or group of persons on the ground of sex, gender and disability. BNUU believes in equal treatment of all people with dignity and respect.
Please submit your CV and Cover Letter Only to the Program Manager on email:
deliver in BNUU office located at
St Bakhita Vocational Training Center,
Kalongo Town Council