|February 12, 2024
ICRW is implementing a multi-method, multidisciplinary, participatory research and policy engagement project to generate evidence, strengthen research capacity, and advance policy and workplace action to help end the marginalization of young female creatives in Uganda’s creative sector. The project, Behind the Scenes: Young women and gender-based inequities in Africa’s creative sector, will be implemented in six other African countries- Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda and Senegal.
Research under the project will actively engage young creatives and researchers as partners, while uniting multiple disciplines, including gender studies, the creative arts, economics, demography, sociology, and social work, to generate in-depth contextual understanding and yield constructive and practical findings. The project team will gather data from a range of key industry players, particularly young female creatives, using a co-generative gender perspective.
We are seeking a female Research Assistant to join the project team as a co-designer, co-producer, co-creator, and co-owner of the research and the entire project. She will be mentored over a period of one year and will serve as a co-interpreter of research data. She will share responsibility with other team members to ensure that there is effective dissemination of project evidence.
Bachelor’s degree in any of the humanities (arts and social sciences) Law, Economics, Gender Studies, or related fields. A higher degree (or evidence of an ongoing graduate program is an added advantage).
The Research Assistant will support ICRW Project Implementation as follows:
• Provide technical support in development of research proposals/ protocols, study tools etc.
• Support in conducting literature searches/ reviews.
• Provide technical support for quality implementation of research activities as shall be assigned.
• Support in field data collection (qualitative and quantitative) and management.
• Data transcription, entry, cleaning, coding, and analysis.
• Support project documentation and learning (technical writing of study ﬁndings, learning information and publications; knowledge management).
• Provide administrative assistance to projects (e.g., planning for project meetings, webinars, taking minutes, etc.)
Qualified candidates should send their applications and CVs to email@example.com
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The pay range for this position is UGX 21,608,600 – UGX 25,885,200 per year (UGX 1,800,717 – 2,157,100 per month), however actual offer will be based on the candidate’s job-related knowledge, experience, qualifications, and an assessment of internal and external equity review.
This position is eligible for ICRW’s full benefits package.