|Date Posted||November 27, 2021|
Key Result Areas
1. Operations Implementation Management
2. Project Implementation Management
3. Cross-functional Team Coordination
4. Human Resources and Administration
5. Financial Oversight and Control
6. Assist other Functional Teams
Operations Implementation Management
• Work with Country Director and VP of Africa Operations to create annual field implementation plan
• Ensure tasks listed in field implementation plan are being met
• Update Wrike Project management tool upon completion of tasks.
• Meet with Country Director on a quarterly basis to review goals for respective region
• Responsible for identifying areas that are getting too saturated and identifying new regions
• Coordinate with Field Associates to identify timing and scheduling of disbursements
• Identify appropriate mechanisms for disbursing cash grants to BOs for business start-up.
• Prepare and submit timely monthly and quarterly reports on project activities, outputs and results as per the project work plan and monitoring plan.
• Accountable for the performance of the Field Associates and Business Mentors in the region
• Project Implementation Management
• RM position may be designated as a Project Manager for a specific project.
• Work closely with team members of the Partnership Management unit to deliver on milestones.
• Use Project Management Launch plan to execute tasks assigned to the Project Manager
• Coordinate with relevant partners on the assigned project.
• Work closely with E&S Lead to support the integration of MSD in VE graduation program
• Cross-functional Team Coordination
• Work closely with functional teams to ensure smooth implementation of field implementation plan
• Coordinate with M&E and Programs team to draw up field training schedules for each cycle incorporating M&E activities.
• Collaborate with F&A team to calculate stipends for field team
Human Resources and Administration
• Work closely with Human Resources Coordinator (HRC) to ensure adequately staffing of the field team.
• Lead in the recruitment process of Business Mentors and Field Associates.
• Work closely with the HRC, provides annual reviews to field staff that include a written performance appraisal, and ensure that objectives identified in these reviews are achieved in a timely manner
Financial Oversight and Control
• Participate in budget reviews on a quarterly basis
• Review weekly planned expenses
• Approve office expenditures that are not more than $500
• Work closely with F&A in weekly withdrawal of funds from Bank.
• Provide reporting to the F&A team on disbursements and any grants that go unfunded
• Assist with other Functional Teams
• Support the Country Director, F&A, M&E, and Programs teams as needed
• Represent Village Enterprise at conferences, events and at the government level when needed
• Assist with roll-out of new activities, processes and procedures from functional teams
• Safeguarding: “Safeguarding at VE is everyone’s responsibility”
• Continuously sensitize program participants about possible risks of child abuse, sexual/financial exploitation, prevention and response mechanisms.
• Ensure compliance with VE’s safeguarding policies and Code of Conduct in all programs, operations and practices.
• Report any incident of child or adult safeguarding in program operations for appropriate action and follow up.
Living Our Values
Ubuntu: We serve people living in extreme poverty with respect, empathy, and dignity regardless of ethnicity, gender, religion, or education level, and value our common humanity.
Passion: We believe passionately in our mission and the ability of people living in extreme poverty to improve their lives.
Integrity: We operate with the highest levels of integrity and trustworthiness.
Innovation: We value innovation as a means to reduce poverty and treat new ideas, new technologies, and new partners as opportunities to grow our impact.
Sustainability: We are committed to ensuring that our businesses and our organization are sustainable in the long-term.
• University degree or equivalent in development, program management, international development or other relevant field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum of three years working experience in management of development programs for an international organization.
• Ability to effectively manage and coordinate a diverse set of partners that include government and development agencies.
• Deep experience supporting those in extreme poverty through microenterprises, savings groups, linkage and financial linkages, familiarity with poverty graduation approach
• Excellent capacity building, team building/management, and coordination skills. An ability to delegate responsibilities effectively and coach and mentor staff.
• An ability to work in challenging and changing environments, and to see through challenges to find solutions.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to exercise diplomacy and tact as demonstrated in previous roles that required communication with a broad and diverse set of partners.
• Experience in dealing with a diverse group of stakeholders representing government, external partners, and others.
• Outstanding communication skills both in writing in person and other forms.
• Computer literate and proficient
• Fluency in English is a must. Ability to speak/understand languages spoken in West Nile region is an added advantage.
Please send your application and CV in single attachment to
addressed to the
Human Resource Coordinator,
P.O BOX 274,
Email subject should read ‘’
’’. Your cover letter should explain why your experience and background make you the ideal candidate for this position, and should be no more than one page. Note: Please do not contact Village Enterprise to enquire as to the status of your application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.