|Date Posted||November 20, 2023|
We are excited to offer you the opportunity to contribute to a meaningful project that aims at creating sustainable entrepreneurial ventures that can mitigate the effects of climate change on food security.
The exchange project, a joint venture between StartHub Africa (Uganda) and Ennovate Ventures (Tanzania) also aims at increasing youth participation in income generating opportunities within the agricultural value chain through entrepreneurship support programs targeting 500+ enthusiastic young people at different intervention levels thereby creating opportunities up and downstream the value chain, not limited to employment.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Coordinate and facilitate the exchange of knowledge and skills related to opportunities along the agricultural value chain, including market research, financial modelling, and product development through trainings and workshops
2. Conduct research through field visits, interviews, and other relevant research methods to identify challenges faced by stakeholders within the agricultural value chain, contributing to food insecurity.
3. Plan and execute ideathons, hackathons, bootcamps, and demo days in selected universities to foster innovation and entrepreneurship.
4. Promote, select and conduct these trainings to passionate students ensuring diverse and talented teams.
5. Organize research findings into meaningful insights and prioritize them into problem statements that can be used during ideathons and hackathons for selected students.
6. Identify and highlight opportunities within the agricultural sector that can contribute to food security.
7. Provide ongoing support, mentorship, and coaching to selected teams of founders to help them make meaningful progress with their ideas and businesses.
8. Establish and maintain strong relationships with assigned universities to ensure effective collaboration and coordinate activities with the institutions
9. Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities as discussed and agreed upon with your direct supervisor.
Qualifications and Competencies
You do not need to tick all the boxes to apply
1. A bachelor’s degree in agriculture or related fields or a bachelor’s degree in software engineering or related fields. (either is required)
2. Should have graduated more than a year ago
3. Project Management experience and a track record of successfully implementing similar initiatives
4. Experience in a tech start-up or building tech solutions preferred
5. Experience and demonstrated ability to design and conduct trainings.
6. Passion for research and experience or demonstrated ability to conduct the same
7. Passionate about the agricultural space, and passionate about solving problems within this space
8. Should be available to travel to Uganda or Tanzania (January 2023 and reside there until December 2024). All travel expenses and preparation will be facilitated.
9. You must be a citizen of Uganda or Tanzania