|Date Posted||November 30, 2021|
The project Officer under the guidance of the Manager develops the Project plan with the team. He/ She will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the office, ensures professional standards of work are maintained and projects are completed on time and budget.
Based in Kampala, the Project Officer’s role is to plan, supervise and implement the project activities as designed in the implementation framework. The Officer also pursues partnership development in line with Donor contract obligations, LINK Partners International policies and program objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Appreciate, understand and conceptualize the project, donor requirements and implementation plan to be able to
- Prepare, plan and implement activities
- Write fundable concepts and Proposals
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly and annual work plan, budget work-plans, reports and fast-tracking tool of all projects.
- Implement advocacy, PR and partnerships development activities for effective achievement of program objectives.
- Document and share best practices as agreed upon with Donor, implementing partners and LINK Partners International.
- Ensure Quality assurance and Knowledge management of all activities
- Account for all project activities undertaken according to the donor contract donor obligation and Link Partners International.
- Any other duties assigned.
This position supervises Project Assistants
- The ideal candidate must hold a Degree in Development Studies, Community Psychology, Social Sciences, Social Administration and related competences.
- Training in Project Planning and Management is an added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ experience working in the NGO Sector
- Personal Competences Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and networking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with various partners including Local governments, CBOs and other NGOs. Strong understanding of health services, preferably in the public health sector and NGOs in Uganda.
- Good report writing, and presentation skills coupled with good knowledge of Ms Office programs including Word, Excel and power point.
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills.