|Date Posted||November 27, 2021|
Enabel is the Belgian development agency. It implements the Belgian governmental cooperation. The agency also implements actions for other national and international donors. With its Belgian and international partners Enabel provides solutions to address urgent global challenges: Climate Change, Urbanisation, Human Mobility, Peace and Security, Social and Economic Inequalities and Global Citizenship. With 1.800 staff, Enabel manages about 150 projects in twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa and the Middle East.
Enabel in Uganda in cooperation with the Ministry of Education and Sports and with funding from the Government of Belgium is seeking to recruit a Project Manager for the Support to the Skilling Uganda Strategy (SSU) Project to be based in Kampala.
This recruitment will also constitute a pool selection for the same position in Arua, Moroto.
Roles and Responsibilities
• You ensure that all management domains of the project are covered (content/scope, planning, budget, quality, etc.) to ensure a smooth start-up, progress and the results of the project.
• You provide expert input, in the areas of change management for skilling and Vocational Training institutions (VTIs) management practices, in order to ensure the Project objectives are achieved.
• You coordinate the learning process of how the Project contributes to the development of the skilling sector (VTIs and skills development fund) in order to ensure that the knowledge and/or results generated through this process are disseminated.
• You lead the team of which you are the hierarchical supervisor in order to have qualified and motivated staff.
• You provide the necessary input and information for the further development of portfolio strategy choices, methods and tools in order to optimize country portfolio execution.
The Project Manager will report to the Portfolio Manager of Enabel in Uganda.
Your Profile-Required Qualification and Experience
• A Master’s Degree in Human Sciences related fields (Adults Education, Educational Management, Skills and Employment, Development Studies, Human Resources, Sociology …).
• Post Graduate Diploma in Project Management is an added value.
• A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in managing and steering projects in international cooperation.
• A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the working with education based projects
• International experience in project management and implementation is an added value.
Your profile-Required Skills and Knowledge
• You have broad and in-depth understanding of the various aspects of international cooperation (context, challenges, strengths, partners, functioning, etc.).
• You have experience in skilling for employment as well as experience in working with the private sector of Uganda;
• You have knowledge in Project Management Methodologies.
• You have experience in managing multi-million dollars’ annual projects.
• You have knowledge and experience in monitoring & evaluation and capacity development.
• You have experience in knowledge management or organizational learning.
• You have knowledge and experience in the education sector of Uganda.
• You have experience in managing the process of innovation in a team or in an institution.
• You have very good information and communication technology skills (Excellent knowledge of MS office and internet).
• You have experience and knowledge in Leadership and People Management.
• You are very skilled at solving problems and you adopt a solution- and results-oriented approach.
• You show respect and are able to build relations on the basis of credibility and expertise.
• You show engagement, sense of responsibility and integrity.
We offer you
• A fascinating and varied job in an international environment.
• Following this publication, a three-year recruitment reserve is established for any similar position. The first position is scheduled to start between three and twelve months. Contracts are for the term of the project with a possibility of project extension.
• A salary package that comprises the monthly gross salary between UGX 10,000,000 and UGX13,000,000 which is commensurate with experience and in accordance with our salary scales, medical insurance and a 13th Month package paid in December.
Our job openings are for all who fulfil the conditions in the job advertisement. Enabel is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in its workforce. Recruitment is solely on the basis of capacity.