|Date Posted||February 23, 2020|
Multinational, well established and reputable Investment management concern, focussing on funding as well as the development, construction and operations in the renewable energy sector - Emerging Markets (Africa and Asia), are looking to appoint a Project Manager for a major renewable energy hydro project in Uganda.
In this hands-on role, be responsible for
- Execution: - Partnering with the investment team, to take the projects to the construction stage and through to handover process; procurement and contract negotiation from an Engineering / technical viewpoint.
- Development:- providing support to the investment team by providing technical input and direction to contractors on engineering aspects of projects;
- Monitor and oversee contractor activities (both offshore-documentation, plans, design, manufacturing and onshore- site works) and progress;
- Develop and implement tools, templates and plans to effectively project manage and monitor progress;
- Provide overall contract administration to projects (FIDIC Silver Book etc);
- Effectively manage the HSE and QA/QC performance and progress, playing an instrumental role in Health & Safety aspects of the operations;
- Chair, manage and record regular project meetings and actions tracking/follow-through;
- Review and update the project programme and deliverables schedules;
- Build and maintain relationships with local stakeholders, partners and suppliers;
- Manage key aspects of local project development: land, permitting and licenses;
- Cooperate with engineering function on the feasibility studies, EPC, O&M, power evacuation and insurance arrangements etc.as well as cooperate with legal function
- Participate in the transition to O&M, and generally in the preperation for the operational phase of the project, by helping develop the operational masterplan, structure, training and related procedures
B.Sc. Civil or Mechanical Engineering degree with a min. of 8-10 years construction management Project Management experience with civil and/or mechanical interfaces as well as a Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the power sector, either in hydropower or water/sewage treatment plants, or other large infrastructure projects in which mechanical electrical and civil interfaces are used. Knowledgeable in best international practices in relation to Construction and Project Management (including planning, interfaces, risks, HSE, QA/QC management, design etc) all essential. Previous Sub Saharan Africa exposure and additional language skills (Italian, French or other African languages) very preferable. Willingness to travel to other project sites across Africa at regular intervals essential.
If this is of interest please send your CV to
If you have not heard back within 2 weeks please consider your application as unsuccesful.