|Date Posted||August 29, 2019|
About Compassion Project:
Pentecostal Assemblies of God North Bukedi Pastorate (Odusai COC, Okisiran COC, Nagule CDC) Pallisa Baptist Union of Uganda, North East Baptist Region Pallisa District. Pallisa Baptist church (Kaucho COC). Perfection church and ministry Butebo District (Petete CDC). Agape Pentecostal Fellowship Kibuku District (Tirinyi CDC) and Uganda Christian Centre Kibuku District (Kapyani CDC) respectively are committed to fulfilling the great commission as mandated by our Lord Jesus Christ in Matthew 28:16-20. This is done in a holistic approach of ministering love to the hurting world which includes also Child development ministry.
Job Summary: The Project Director is the team leader of the project staff. He/she is expected to offer knowledge, guidance and technical skills to children, project committee, parents, fellow project workers and church leadership in areas of spiritual development, project planning and budgeting, comprehensive health care, social and skill development and academic advancement.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Has personal relationship with Jesus Christ and is a strong Christian witness.
- Serves as an advocate for children and other care givers who live in poverty and are not able to speak for themselves.
- Directs the day today running of the activities of the project for effective implementation of the program.
- Assists the overseer in implementing standards of the partnership agreement as the lead technical staff within the partnership.
- Maintains books of accounts and prepare project financial reports.
- Prepares and submits reports to the church leadership and compassion as a means to monitor and evaluate the program.
- Motivate and encourage the church in mobilizing resources that can provide sound learning opportunities for children in all areas of child development in order to prevent creating dependency syndrome.
- Discharge such other duties as assigned by the appointing authority and compassion office.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a degree in development studies, social work, education, child development and children’s ministry, business studies, social sciences. Human resource, community psychology and theology from accredited institutions by national council of Higher education.
- Applicants with formal training in counseling and child development will also be an added advantage.
- Must be a mature born again Christian with a sound testimony willing to be an active minister in the local church where he or she is posted.
- Must have good interpersonal skills, a team builder and willing to take the initiative.
- If married, should avail a marriage Christian certificate from recognized Christian church validated to conduct marriage by the laws of Uganda.
- Good computer skills.
- Experience and current knowledge of HIV/ AIDs interventions is desirable.
- Customer service orientation.
- Working ability to apply and adopt established accounting procedures to a variety of accounting transactions, problems and situations.
- Good written, communication skills and strong verbal communication skills in English, ability to communicate in Ateso and Lugwere is an added advantage.
- Skills in project planning and management will be an added advantage.
- Previous supervisory experience required especially Christian ministry.
- Ability to learn and being innovative.
- Age 25-40 years
All applicants MUST specify centers of interest, and attach letters of recommendation from their local churches. The interested applicants should hand deliver their applications to:
C/0 P.O. Box 108, PAG pastorate office.