|Date Posted||August 16, 2019|
Organization: Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: EIPHIV-Uganda- Principal Investigator (PI)
Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP) is a private-not-for profit Company under Makerere University. MJAP works to build partnerships and strengthen health systems to optimally respond to HIV/AIDS, TB, Non-communicable diseases (NCDs) and other diseases of public health importance in Africa. MJAP is implementing a sub-award grant from Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI), for accelerating HIV/AIDS Epidemic Control in Kampala region; with funding from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) IDI Project).
Education for Inter-professional HIV service delivery in Uganda (EIPHIV-Uganda) project is an 8 – Month’s project is funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), through Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), e University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) and the African Forum for Research and Education in Health (AFREhealth). EIPHIV-Uganda project aims to equip pre-service and post-training healthcare professionals with knowledge and skills to offer interprofessional services for HIV at Makerere and its collaborating institutions. MJAP will implement the STRIPE-HIV as part of Makerere University College of Health Sciences (Mak CHS).
Job Summary: The Project Coordinator will lead the Planning, Implementation and Monitoring and Evaluation of all project activities and ensure compliance of the project to all administrative policies and reporting needs required for the EIPHIV-Uganda project and MJAP.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· To lead the Planning, Implementation and Monitoring and Evaluation of the EIPHIV-Uganda project
· To develop monthly work plans and track the implementation of all project activities according to plan
· Develop and track the project budget , payments, and accountabilities
· Supervise and appraise the project administrator and support him/her to deliver on their tasks
· Coordinate all project activities and ensure that the project achieves its intended outputs in a timely fashion while marinating high quality
· To convene the two weekly progress meetings with the project implementation team, PI and the EIPHIV-Uganda team via online platforms
· To convene monthly progress meetings and ensure documentation and application of all meeting outputs
· Coordinate the selection of trainees for the EIPHIV-Uganda project
· To link the MAK-CHS and its collaborating institutions and serve as the immediate contact person
· To develop and disseminate monthly, Quarterly and end of project reports to the PI, the funding agency and all stakeholder in a timely manner
· Participate in the development of essential project documents including revising training materials, report templates and any other resources as and when necessary
· Review all requisitions for supplies, services and funds to run the EIPHIV-Uganda Project and ensure that the necessary supplies and logistics needed to run the project are available in time
· To review all accountability documents for project funds and ensure compliance of all project transactions to donor and MJAP policies
· Ensure that the organization’s properties are appropriately utilized and well maintained
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine or Nursing, and a Masters’ in Public Health, Health Education or a related field from a recognized university.
· Three years of clinical experience in a busy HIV setting including both inpatient and outpatient care
· Must be registered with Uganda Medical and Dental Practitioners or other appropriated Council with a valid Practicing license
· Experience in coordinating a large and busy HIV program, leading teams and managing donor funds.
· Demonstrated experience in budgeting and people management
· Excellent teamwork, communication skills (both oral and written) with strong management and analytical skills.
· Extensive knowledge of current PEPFAR priorities, Uganda MoH policies and Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI)
· Excellent report writing skills
· Working knowledge of MS office Computer packages and other data analysis packages.
· Ability to travel in the field frequently
· Ability to work with limited supervision.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should apply via the email below and submit their cover letters, a detailed curriculum vita and copies of relevant academic documents to: email@example.com addressed to;
The Human Resource Manager,
Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP),
NB: Please ensure that your attachments do not exceed 5 MB. We do appreciate your interest to work with MJAP. However, we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks after the submission deadline.
Deadline: 20th August 2019 by 5:00pm.