|Date Posted||August 13, 2022|
Country/Region: Uganda Country Office
Organization: Save the Children International
Join us to lead sustainable change for children:
- Be part of a GLOBAL and DIVERSE technical community
- Get EXPOSURE in many different contexts
- Test and scale up INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS
- Influence policies that affect MILLIONS OF CHILDREN
Are you passionate about being an advocate for children? Do you want to use your expertise to bring about lasting change for children and be a part of an inspiring, dynamic global movement?
The Program Officer (PO) provides ongoing, implementation, monitoring & evaluation and reporting in regard to the execution of the Emergency Response activities, including child protection and education components. Activities ensure children (and their care givers) in the refugee settlement regain access to safe living environments, access education and skills development opportunities and are protected from harmful abuse.
Sounds interesting? Read more below
To be successful for this role you will bring/have the following:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Humanities, Development Studies, Psychology, Child Development, Child Psychology, Community Psychology or any equivalent accrued working experience in a related position;
- At least two years relevant experience implementing, supervising, monitoring and evaluating field-based child protection or education projects with an NGO, particularly focusing on children’s rights, preferably in an emergency setting;
- Good understanding of child rights issues and child rights instruments.
- Specific familiarity with child rights issues in the NGO world or work.
- Ability to interact with communities; children and adults as well as other stakeholders at sub-county and district levels.
- At least 1 year’s experience in financial, planning and budget management.
- Effective interpersonal skills – oral and written communication skills
- Facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong documentation and reporting skills