|Date Posted||September 9, 2019|
IT / Information Technology
SafeBoda is a startup on a mission to make motorcycle taxis (bodas) more safe, affordable, and convenient across Sub-Saharan Africa—while providing a more meaningful and lucrative career for drivers. And we think we have a shot to build a very valuable tech company in the process. SafeBoda is growing fast with our mobile app in terms of completed rides in Kampala, Uganda. We are venture backed with investors from Silicon Valley, UK, Africa and Asia and we have high ambitions to scale our solution rapidly across East and West Africa.
Job Summary: The Product Owner - Mobile Apps will become a domain expert in your product areas and conduct rigorous data analysis to help improve customer experiences and identify profitable growth opportunities
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage your Product Backlog. Create the list of backlog items and prioritize them based on the overall strategy and business objectives. Additionally, you will need to map out project dependencies to inform the necessary sequence of development.
- Understand and anticipate the client’s needs to more effectively manage the development process.
- Effectively communicate a project’s impact, priority, development approach, size, and release plan to the internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain the development team focus on delivering value, balancing multiple streams of requirements so that they can concentrate on what they do best: create a great product!
- Facilitating development by working with design and UX teams to ensure the developers have the things they need to keep moving forwards
- Work cross-functionally with product, engineering, design, and marketing teams to build world-class products and design hypothesis-driven experiments; make clear, coherent and holistic recommendations based on test results
- Inspect and evaluate product progress through each iteration.
- Improve product experiences for all our customers using data science techniques and monitoring product performance through dashboards and ad hoc analysis
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Three years of experience as a Product Owner of Apps (iOS and Android)
- In-depth knowledge of UI/UX conventions on mobile platforms and in user-centered product development as well as related tools and processes.
- Three years of experience in product management, customer experience management, business analysis and software engineering.
- Three years of experience with Agile methodologies including Scrum and Kanban
- Experience managing successful Apps initiatives from concept to completion
- Strong experience working with designers to deliver UX/UI
- Strong business process design and transformation skills
- Focused on building businesses, not simply features.
- Previous experience building and leading businesses, including ownership and optimization of business performance metrics
- Be emotionally intelligent, humble and excited to work with in a team with a diverse set of experiences, backgrounds, and skills
- You are excited to become a master of our product, have great knowledge of our market, customers and competition
- Possess strong data analysis skills. Be comfortable presenting to senior stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excitement for SafeBoda and what we are trying to achieve