|Date Posted||December 4, 2021|
The Government of the Republic of Uganda received a loan from the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) and the (OPEC) Fund for International Development to finance the National Oilseeds Project (NOSP), and now intends to apply part of the proceeds to recruit key staff, to ensure successful implementation of the Project.
Objectives: The overall Project Goal is, inclusive Rural Transformation through Sustainable Development of the Oilseed Sector. The Programme Development objective is to Accelerate Commercialisation as key Oilseeds Value Chains and thereby improve the Livelihoods and Resilience of the Small Holders engaged in Oilseed Production and Marketing. The Ministry of Local Government is, now inviting suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant posts that exist at the Project Implementation Coordination Team Unit (PICT).
Procurement Specialist: (1 Post)
Duty Station – Kampala
Reporting to the Project Coordinator in the PCIT, He/She will have responsibility for coordinating and guiding DLGs in procurement of Contractors for Community Access Roads. The procurement specialist duties and responsibilities will include the following:
• Ensuring the timely planning, controlling and delivery of procurement activities of the project.
• Liaising with other staff of the PICT and consolidating all DLG works procurement requirements of the project.
• Preparing periodic reports to contracts committee, PPDA and other stakeholders, as required.
• Ensuring compliance and conformity with legal and regulatory framework governing public procurements.
• Providing timely advice to the PICT, DLGS, contract committees on matters relating to procurement and disposal.
• Preparing and updating the procurement plan and ensuring availability of funds for procurements and timely payment for procurement commitments.
• Preparing solicitation/bidding documents for procurements and participation in evaluations.
• Guiding potential bidders for civil works and suppliers on procurement procedures.
• Prepare advertisements for NOSP procurement under component 2.
• Carry out any other duties related to the project’s activities as may be assigned.
Qualification and Experience:
• An Honors’ Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement/Purchasing and Supply Chain or Procurement and Logistics Management or an equivalent
• Professional qualifications in purchasing and supply chain management from MCIPS/ISM
• A Master’s Degree in related field is an added advantage
• 10 years’ procurement management experience in donor – funded projects
• Demonstrated knowledge of the Public Procurement and Disposal processes a requirement.
• Good knowledge of computer applications (particularly MS Excel, Word, Access and Power point, STATA) will be an added advantage.
Contract: Two years’ Contract, with six months’ probation period, renewable based on agreed performance targets and deliverables Remuneration: The terms and conditions of employment for these Positions are attractive.
Hand written Application, accompanied with detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of testimonials, names and address of Three Referees should be submitted to the
Ministry of Local Government,
Worker's House 5th Floor,
P:0. Box 7037, Kampala.
Only shortlisted candidate shall be contacted