|Date Posted||September 2, 2019|
Uganda AIDS Commission (UAC) was established in 1992 by an Act of Parliament (Cap 208) and is under the Office of the President of the Republic of Uganda. The Act provides for the Commission to Oversee, Plan and Coordinate AIDS Prevention and Control activities throughout Uganda.
Job Summary: The Procurement Officer will coordinate and manage the procurement of goods and services of the Commission in accordance with the Public Procurement and Disposal Act and other applicable rules and regulations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and ensures implementation of the procurement plans and strategies for the procurement of all relevant goods and services for the Commission;
- Supports UAC Management in Contracts Management including preparation and issue of contracts and monitoring implementation
- Provides the necessary bid documents to prospecting suppliers of goods and services to the Commission
- Guides and advises the Contracts Committee, user departments and suppliers on the correct procurement procedures and recommended procurement methods and specifications;
- Liaises with the Contract Manager, the User Department, and the suppliers to ensure timely delivery of the procured goods and services and the corresponding payments.
- Supports the Contracts Committee and the Commission Management in taking early action to identify and address poor contractor and supplier performance.
- References, verifies and manages the procurement and disposal documentation and ensures their safe custody;
- Prepares periodic performance reports to the Contracts Committee and Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority (PPDA)
- Manages the advertisement and sell of bid documents and maintaining a suppliers list.
- Coordinates the receipt, opening and evaluation of the procurement bids in liaison with the technical experts and user departments
- Monitors market trends and conditions and advise Management on competitive pricing;
- Plans, budgets, requisitions and accounts for the resources and performance of the Procurement Unit.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Master’s degree in Procurement/Supply chain Management from a recognized awarding Institution
- An Honors Bachelors Degree in Procurement/Supply chain Management from a recognized awarding Institution.
- A Professional qualification in Supply Chain Management (CIPS) is an added advantage
- At least three years of post graduate qualification in a Government or a reputable organization.
- Expert Knowledge and understanding of the Procurement Act, guidelines and practices
- Lobbying and advocacy
- Public relations and customer care
- Computer skills
- Good communication skills
- Census building
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Self-management skills
- Team work
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should provide a cover letter expressing interest in the job, a detailed CV, including present position, names, addresses, and phone contacts of three professional referees, copies of professional/ educational certificates and copies of previous appointments. Please send it to:
The Director General,
Uganda AIDS Commission,
Plot 1-3 Salim Bay Road Ntinda,
P.O Box 10779 Kampala. Uganda