|Date Posted||October 9, 2019|
World Vision Uganda is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 82 districts in Uganda implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & community resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with the beneficiaries above. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Due to expansion in scope of our programmes, we are now seeking for qualified and passionate individuals willing to share in our vision and join our team in the position below.
Position: Procurement Officer - Grants
Report to: Supply Chain Manager
Location: Kampala – National Office
Purpose of the position:
To provide Support world Vision Uganda budget management through acquisition of quality goods and services in a timely manner at the lowest possible cost in accordance to Supply Chain Management policy and other guidelines to promote child well-being aspirations in line with Our Promise 2030.
- Support the project procurement planning processes in line with the budgets for approval and implementation
- Undertake acquisition processes of goods and services in conformity with the existing policies for the benefit of the users, children and their communities
- Conduct strategic sourcing with negotiated pre priced framework contracts for goods and services in accordance to the set goals
- Upload all contracts into ProVision and conduction all procurements in ProVision.
- Provide capacity building ProVision users.
- To develop, manage Supplier data base and suppliers relationships. Perform Supplier development and conduct annual vendor audit.
- Contribute to the preparation and submission of timely, accurate and relevant Monthly, Quarterly and Annual reports.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree of procurement or CIPs. Or equivalent work experience.
- At least 5 years relevant technical and business work experience.
- At least 3 years relevant Supply Chain work experience
- Capacity building/Facilitation skills
- Analytical skills
- Customer care skills
- Negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills.