|Date Posted||November 27, 2021|
Uganda AIDS Commission (UAC) was established in 1992 by an Act of Parliament (Cap 208) and is under the Office of the President of the Republic of Uganda. The Act provides for the Commission to Oversee, Plan and Coordinate AIDS Prevention and Control activities throughout Uganda. The mandate of UAC is to provide oversight and coordination of all HIV/AIDS related activities in the country. The Commission does not engage in direct implementations of interventions but takes strategic leadership in effective harmonization of action by the various players, within agreed policy and program parameters.
The Commission is looking for qualified individuals to fill the positions of:
Job Title : Procurement Officer
Salary Scale : UAC 06
Reports to : Director General
Responsible for : Procurement Assistant
Purpose of the Job
To coordinate and manage the procurement of goods and services of the Commission in accordance with the Public Procurement and Disposal Act and other applicable rules and regulations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develops and ensures implementation of the procurement plans and strategies for the procurement of all relevant goods and services for the Commission;
2. Supports UAC Management in Contracts Management including preparation and issue of contracts and monitoring implementation;
• Liaises with the Legal Unit and Office of the Chief Accountant to provide the necessary bid documents to prospecting suppliers of goods and services to the Commission.
1. Guides and advises the Contracts Committee, user departments and suppliers on the correct procurement procedures and recommended procurement methods and specifications;
2. Liaises with the Legal Unit, Office of the Chief Accountant and the suppliers to ensure timely delivery of the procured goods and services and the corresponding payments.
3. Supports the Contracts Committee and the Commission Management in taking early action to identify and address poor contractor and supplier performance.
• References, verifies and manages the procurement and disposal documentation and ensures their safe custody;
• Prepares periodic performance reports to the Contracts Committee and Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority (PPDA)
1. Manages the advertisement and sell of bid documents and maintaining a suppliers list.
2. Coordinates the receipt, opening and evaluation of the procurement bids in liaison with the technical experts and user departments
3. Monitors market trends and conditions and advise Management on competitive pricing;
• Plans, budgets, requisitions and accounts for the resources and performance of the Procurement Unit.
• An Honors Bachelors Degree in Procurement/Supply chain Management from a recognized awarding Institution.
• A bachelor’s Degree in a Non supply chain management discipline, plus a post graduate Diploma in Public Procurement Management from a recognized awarding institution.
• Or full Professional qualification in Supply Chain Management (CIPS) plus a post graduate Diploma in Procurement Management from a recognized awarding Institution;
At least Six (6) years working experience, three (3) of which must have served at a Procurement Officer level in Government or a reputable organization.
• Effective communication;
• Planning and organizational skills;
• Good negotiation and communication skills;
• Expert Knowledge and understanding of the Procurement Act, guidelines and practices
• High morals and integrity;
• Concern for Quality and Standards;
• Knowledge of donor procurement conditions
Please provide a provide a cover letter expressing interest in the job, a detailed CV, certified copies of academic/professional qualifications, employment experience including current position (attach copies of appointment letters) and contact details of three professional referees. Applications indicating the title of the position should be submitted to the Director General, Uganda AIDS Commission, on email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: UAC is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.