|Date Posted||August 11, 2020|
JOB PURPOSE: Reporting to the Product Manager, the role holder will manage all aspects of the dfcu Bancassurance business including but not limited to business growth, revenue assurance, management of underwriter relationships, operations, service and training and ensure profitability in line with the bank aspirations.
- Understand the Insurance/Financial protection needs of customers across the different dfcu segments and develop/customize relevant protection products and services for them by collaborating closely with product suppliers/partners and a multi-functional team.
- Responsible for the Bancassurance product cycle from conceptualization to development to go-to-market.
- Manage the Bancassurance product range for the various customer segments through ongoing business reviews and product intelligence.
- Responsible for end-to-end Bancassurance product launch activities to ensure timely and successful rollouts including working with multi-functional stakeholders on sales training, communication, marketing campaigns, promotions, etc.
- Manage both internal and external stakeholders to ensure technology infrastructure and operational processes are able to support a continuously growing Bancassurance business.
- Analyze and prepare business performance/ market trend/ competitive landscape reports.
- Prepare and present progress dashboards and product performance reports as per agreed timelines.
- Drive revenue growth for Bancassurance products in line with the Bank’s business objectives.
- Prepare and submit reports to the Insurance Regulatory Authority in line with the regulatory requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- A University Degree and a Diploma in Insurance from the Chartered Insurance Institute of the United Kingdom or a similar institute.
- Five years working experience in Insurance in the areas of underwriting, claims, finance, or regulation.
- Marketing qualification would be an added advantage.
- Ability to identify business opportunities from market intelligence.
- Ability to analyse business opportunities and make value-adding recommendations.
- Logical thinking with creative problem-solving abilities.
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills.
- Strong networking and relationship management skills.
- Good interpersonal skills to work with other teams for implementation of activities.
- Business and Industrial awareness.
- Team player and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Solutions oriented mind set.
- Great attention to detail.
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send applications with detailed CV’s including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level) to the email address indicated below; Vacanciesbank@dfcugroup.com