|Location||Fort portal, Uganda|
|Date Posted||May 13, 2022|
Education / Teaching
Responsible to: Vice-Chancellor Purpose of the Job To provide overall leadership to the Communications and Public Relations function of the University.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• To represent the Communications and International Relations Office in strategic fora in Mountains of the Moon University and beyond.
• To assist in strategic planning, budgeting, implementation, accountability, and reporting on Communications and International Relations.
• To oversee the implementation of the MMU University Communications Policy.
• To monitor and review the coverage of the University in the media through press conferences, articles, press releases, radio, and T.V. programs.
• To mainstream internationalization in Teaching, Learning, Research, Innovations, Knowledge Transfer Partnerships, Networking, and support services
• To take the lead in development and implementation of Communication Strategies and plans in collaboration with the Faculties.
• To serve as secretariat to the office of the Vice-Chancellor in all communications fora in Mountains of the Moon University.
• To write news articles, reports and periodicals
• Supervises Staff, assesses performance and identifies training needs, and recommends appropriate training.
Required Qualifications and experience
• Relevant Master’s Degree from a reputable institution.
• An Honors degree from a recognized institution in any of the following disciplines: Marketing, Communication. Journalism, or International
• At least 6 years of work experience in Public relations in a reputable organization three (3) of which must be at a supervisory level.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including
• effective writing skills
• Self-confidence, drive, competence, and a willingness to learn
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask.
• Creativity, imagination, and initiative
• Good teamwork, negotiation, and problem-solving skills
• Business awareness and a good knowledge of current affairs
• The ability to think strategically, for planning successful Public Relations campaigns.
• Computer literacy
Qualified candidates must submit Five Copies of each of the
A detailed up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Certified Copies of the relevant academic/professional
transcripts and certificates
Valid National Identity Card
Names and Addresses of three referees
The physical address, telephone contact, and email address
Any other relevant documentation to support the application
A hard copy of the application clearly indicating the position applied for on the top right corner of the envelope addressed and delivered to: –
• The Secretary,
• MMU Taskforce (Under the Schedule of the University Secretary)
• Plot 10 & 1l Lake Saaka Campus,
• Block C, Room 03 P. O. Box 837,
• Fort-Portal, Uganda
• Tel: +256 483 660 390