|Date Posted||November 20, 2023|
Health Care / Medical
Reporting to the Hospital Manager, the purpose of this role is to execute stock management activities in the Hospital pharmacy / store including handling stock request, receipts, storage and issuance of medical supplies, equipment and other materials to the different hospital departments.
To assist in the preparation, dispensing of prescriptions and assist with stock control, ordering and re- stocking of the dispensary.
• Dispensing medicines and drugs to clients and giving written and oral instructions on their use, as prescribed by medical doctors or other health professionals.
• Preparing medications and other pharmaceutical compounds under the guidance of a pharmacist or other health professional.
• Receiving prescriptions or refill requests from health professionals and verifying that information is complete and accurate according to medical record-keeping standards.
• Maintaining proper storage and security conditions for drugs.
• Filling and labelling containers with prescribed medications.
• Ensure all medicines are stored at required temperature by monitoring store and fridge temperature.
• Assisting clients by answering questions, locating items or referring them to a doctor for medication information.
• Cleaning and preparing equipment and containers used to prepare and dispense medicines and pharmaceutical compounds.
• Pricing and filing prescriptions that have been filled and establishing and maintaining patient records, including lists of medications taken by individual patients.
• Ordering, labelling, and counting stock of medications, chemicals and supplies, and entering inventory data into record-keeping systems.
• Track all movements of drugs in and out of store, including checking deliveries against dispatch notices for quality and quantity.
• Issue stock to user departments in accordance with MSUG procedures.
• Organise and supervise the manual loading and off loading of vehicles, as needed.
• Maintain inventory register for the Non-Consumable items.
• Perform physical stock counts as per schedule; perform reconciliation with paper files and as required in the system solution to ensure compliance with stock level agreements; follow up with supervisor in regards to discrepancies, alarm thresholds, stock outs and expiry dates.
• Carryout stock rotation according to FEFO (First Expiry First Out) and FIFO (First In First Out).
• Responsible for the security and cleanliness of interior and exterior of store and pharmacy area.
• Prepare reports related to consumption, short-dated stock, physical stock status, expired stocks etc. and submit according to schedule.
Qualifications and Experience (essential/desirable)
• Diploma in pharmacy or Diploma in Nursing from a recognized institution
• Minimum of 2 years work experience in a clinical setting
• Must have Registered with Allied Health Professionals’ Council
• Excellent communication skills
• Computer knowledge and skills
• Knowledge of dispensing drugs
• Interpersonal skills
• Ability to work under minimal supervision
Successful performance at MSI is not simply defined in terms of ‘what’ people achieve, but equally is about ‘how’ people go about their jobs and the impact that they have on others. We encourage and expect all team members will demonstrate the following behaviours:
• Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution
• Thinking creatively and outside of the box so that ideas generated create a positive outcome
• Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
• Being responsive to changing priorities and demands
• Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met
• Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality
Focus on Learning
• Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
• Awareness and understanding of goals, vision and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
• Drive and determination to deliver results
• Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate
• Openness to embracing change within the organisation and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
• Motivation towards achieving quality results to maximise potential
• Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible and showing respect for each other
MSI Behaviours and Values
Team Member Behaviours
Work as One MSI
• You contribute, use, and share accurate data and evidence to improve understanding, insight and decision-making across MSI, enabling us to maximise our ability to influence others.
• You share relevant knowledge, expertise and resources to strengthen teamwork and prevent duplication of effort.
• You actively work as part of a team, providing support and flexibility to colleagues, demonstrating fairness, understanding and respect for all people and cultures.
• Show courage, authenticity and integrity
• You hold yourself accountable for the decisions you make and the behaviours you demonstrate.
• You are courageous in challenging others and taking appropriate managed risks.
• Develop and grow
• You seek feedback to enable greater self-awareness and provide the same to others in a way which inspires them to be even more effective.
• You manage your career development including keeping your knowledge and skills up to date.
• Deliver excellence, always
• You strive to consistently meet and exceed expectations, putting clients at the centre of everything, and implement smarter, more efficient ways of performing your role.
• You build and maintain effective long-term working relationships with all stakeholders, and are a true MSI ambassador.
• Leadership (For Leaders only)
• You inspire individuals and teams, through situational leadership, providing clear direction.
• You seek and provide opportunities which motivate team members, helping to develop skills and potential whilst strengthening our talent and succession pipeline.
• You are aware of emerging developments in our sector, demonstrating strategic insight about our clients and business and encourage this in your team.
• You articulate a vision of the future which inspires and excites others.
• Mission driven: With unwavering commitment, we exist to empower women and men to have children by choice not chance
• Client centred: We are passionate about our clients and dedicate our efforts to delivering agreed objectives to the highest possible quality
• Accountable: We are accountable for our actions and take responsibility for everything we do to ensure long term sustainability and increased impact.
• Courageous: We recruit and nurture talented, passionate and brave people who have the courage to push boundaries, make tough decisions and challenge others in line with our mission
You are encouraged to apply for the above positions provided you meet the specified minimum job requirements.
To apply for the positions, Please send your applications to the Email: email@example.com (you must attach your CV)
and indicate the position you are applying for in the Subject line.