|Date Posted||September 21, 2019|
Health Care / Medical
Responsible for the production of Oral morphine solution, and compliance to good manufacturing practice, support quality control and assurance for the production unit, monitoring, packaging and dispensing of medicines, and offer professional consultation to the patients and HAU.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
Since 1993, Hospice Africa Uganda (HAU) has promoted modern methods of pain and symptom control as well as “whole-person” (holistic) care for patients living with cancer and HIV/AIDS. HAU strives to uphold excellent clinical standards and provide quality education courses and advocacy activities to promote the spread of palliative care throughout Uganda and Africa. Hospice Africa Uganda has a head office in Kampala, site offices in Mbarara and Hoima Districts. HAU wishes to recruit a dynamic, skilled, and caring Ugandan committed to palliative care.
- Pharmacist for the morphine production unit at HAU; support quality control & quality assurance for the dispensing pharmacy and morphine production unit;
- Ensure that drug orders and prescriptions are properly processed;
- Take steps required to fill prescriptions in compliance with all laws, regulations, and organization policies and procedures;
- Ensure good prescription& dispensing practices; Respond to questions from patients and clinicians in regards to knowledge of prescription & pharmaceutical products;
- Supervise and mentor the pharmacy & morphine production unit team across the three HAU sites;
- Manage complaints from patients, organization partners, and others related;
- Offer expert advice and counsel regarding dispensing & pharmacy-related issues;
- Lead stock-taking, auditing, and research within & for the pharmacy;
- Participate in the clinical management of patients; Be involved in the education of the clinical & other teams regarding medications & pharmaceutical issues;
- Participate in Education programs in IHPCA.
- Bachelors Degree in Pharmacy from an accredited college or university.
- Must be registered with the Pharmaceutical Society of Uganda, with at least 2years experience in a busy pharmaceutical set up;
- Good organizational skills, leadership, managerial and excellent communication skills;
- Experience with small scale pharmaceutical manufacturing industry and with morphine, training in Good Manufacturing Practices and HSP will be an added advantage.
Qualified and interested candidates may hand deliver, email or post a detailed resume with a typed cover letter indicating three work-related referees to the address below. Emails must not exceed 2MB.
The Human Resource and Administration Manager
Hospice Africa Uganda
P.O. Box 7757 Kampala
Plot 130, Makindye Rd,