|Date Posted||May 23, 2020|
IT / Information Technology
Assist in the design, planning, implementation and optimization of all databases, MS-SQL Databases across the organization
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
Reports to: Back Office Manager
Supervises: DBA Team Lead
Roles and Responsibilities
• Assist in the definition of database architecture and design specifications.
• Work with IT vendors to install, configure, maintain, and upgrade enterprise database systems and related applications.
• Provide support in functionality and acceptance testing during the implementation of enterprise database systems.
• Ensure optimal performance of the organization’s databases;
1) Regularly monitor and reconcile the performance of the databases to pre-defined performance thresholds and take appropriate actions where required
2) Implement established policies and procedures on database management
• Maintain database security and data integrity through the use of access codes and efficient password system.
• Storage and capacity planning by monitoring the growth trends and predictions about the future.
• Troubleshooting when things do go wrong with the database server.
• Perform regular data backup, and validate integrity of data backup.
• Perform database automation and script writing.
• Investigate and resolve incidents/ requests relating to enterprise databases, and escalate irresolvable faults/ issues to relevant vendors/ suppliers where appropriate.
• Provide support in operating systems trouble shooting.
• Ensure availability of accurate documentation of standards, guidelines and procedures for effectively managing and maintaining the databases.
• Liaise with relevant unit/ team/function in carrying out all relevant activities.
• Attend team/divisional/departmental meetings as required.
• Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Manager, IT Operations Support.
• Engage in knowledge development and identification of improved and efficient methods running some database tasks.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the Manager, IT Operations Support.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or any other related discipline.
Microsoft SQL Server database certification
Minimum of three (3) years relevant work experience in a telecom industry.
Excellent Knowledge and hands on experience with Oracle, MS-SQL platforms.
Relevant Professional Qualifications and Certifications will be added advantage.
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent multi-tasking skills with ability to learn quickly
• High degree of confidentiality and ability to handle sensitive information
• Effective leadership skills with ability to work under pressure
• Excellent teamwork skills
Send CV to: email@example.com