|Date Posted||August 4, 2019|
THE REPUBLIC OF UGANDA
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
Ministry/Department : Kampala Capital City Authority
OFFICER POLICY DEVELOPMENT
Scale : Other
Reference DSC 15/272/01 VOL .3
Minimum Age 25
Applicants should be Ugandans holding an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Law, plus a Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from a recognized University or Institution of higher learning, and member of relevant professional associations and should have been enrolled as advocates.Working ExperienceApplicants should have a minimum of two (2) years of relevant working experience in legal work at Officer level in Government or equivalent level of experience from a reputable organization.Duties
The incumbent will be responsible to the for performing the following duties:-
- Drafting legislative proposals/amendments and contributing to the introduction of legislation that will help KCCA to achieve its aims;
- Monitoring relevant legal developments both nationally and internationally and using them to improve KCCA’s legal environment;
- Together with the Directorate Management contributing to the development of policy positions;
- Analyzing and critiquing laws and legislative proposals from the perspective of international laws and standards on freedom of expression;
- Contributing to standard-setting, through participating in meetings, drafting work and promoting international standards;
- Providing legal expertise and support to the Directorates in development of policies, procedures, guidelines and working framework;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Applications are invited from suitably, qualified, serving Public Officers in Kampala Capital City Authority
(KCCA) who were dully appointed and confirmed in Service by the respective Service Commissions to fill vacant promotional posts in KCCA. Applications should be filled ON-LINE and submitted not later than 16th August 2019. The link to the e- recruitment system can be accessed at https://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors.
Applicants are advised to: -
- a)Apply ON-LINE.
- b)Scan and submit relevant documents (O’ Level, A’ Level, Degree and Professional Documents, copies of letters of appointment, confirmation and promotion) On-line.
- c)Each attachment must not exceed a limit of 1MB and only portable documents format (PDF) is allowed.
- d)Print an Extract of PS Form 3 (2008) and obtain recommendation from the Executive Director KCCA. Scan the recommendation together with the rest of the documents and submit online.
Note: In the event that the applicant is for any justifiable reason(s) not able to obtain the recommendation of the Executive Director or his/her designated Officer, the applicant should state the reason(s) on the form and thereafter submit the application without the recommendation. The issues arising shall be considered at the time of conducting oral interviews.
- i)Visit the website https://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors
- ii)Click on register as a new user to create your account and complete your profile starting with the Bio data moving downwards
iii) If you already have an account simply click on your right and update your profile
- iv)Click a Job from the list of advertised jobs in the menu.
- v)View the Job Details and Click Apply now
- vi)Review your application and SUBMIT.
- You can apply for a maximum of two posts in this advert clearly indicating the 1stand 2nd choice at the point of submitting your second application.
Please Note: -
- a)Only applications On-line will be considered.
- b)Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Unsuccessful applicants will be notified through their e-mails.
- c)Shortlisted candidates shall be required to bring along with them their original certificates, transcripts and letters of employment during the Oral Interviews.
- d)Short listed Applicants should ensure that their Staff Performance Appraisals for the last three (3) Financial Years are submitted to the Commission before the date of Oral Interviews.
- e)The PSC Website is the only authentic source of information for reference regarding this Advert.
- f)In case of any inquiry, contact No. 0414254271 or 0414342279 or e-mail email@example.com