|Date Posted||February 9, 2021|
Uganda Law Society (ULS) is a membership organization established by an Act of Parliament to provide services to its members in particular and to the people of Uganda. Its vision is to be a Proficient Bar Association in Fostering Access to Justice, the Rule of Law and Good Governance in Uganda. Its mission is to develop a Skilled and Empowered Legal Profession in Execution of its Statutory Mandate to Foster and Improve Access to and Administration of Justice as well as Good Governance in Uganda.
The ULS Core values are: Equity and member-focused, Professionalism, Competence, Integrity, Accountability, Efficiency, Corporate Governance and Independence, Creativity and Innovation, Team Work.
To strengthen its mandate, the ULS wishes to recruit suitably qualified and experienced individuals to fill the following position at its head office.
Position: Office Courier
Reports to: Front Desk Officer/ PA to CEO
Department: Finance and Administration
Duty Station: Head Office, Kampala .
Major responsibilities will include but not limited to;
• To deliver packages and correspondences from the Secretariat to their rightful physical addresses within a specified time frame;
• Retrieve and pick-up packages and correspondences from various locations for delivery to Secretariat;
• Record information, such as items received and delivered and recipients’ responses to messages;
• Informing the Head of Department for Professional Development and Member’s Affairs of any physical changes in member’s places of business for the timely update of the members’ directory;
• Ensuring proper maintenance of the Society’s motor bike through routine checks and timely reporting any identified faults to ensure the proper functioning of the motor bike; and
• Any other lawful duties as may be assigned by the Chief Executive Officer, Head Finance and Administration or any other supervisor
Education and Experience
• Must have at least a U.A.C.E Certificate
• A licensed motorcycle driver in possession of class A
• Thorough knowledge of Kampala
• At least 3 years’ experience of office related work in a reputable organization
• Excellent riding skills and knowledge of local road networks
• Ability to make deliveries and collections rapidly and efficiently
• Strong interpersonal skills and customer-focused mindset
• Reliability, punctuality and precision
• Organizational and problem-solving skills
• Ability to cope well with pressure
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their hard or soft copy applications with detailed curriculum vitae clear phone and email contacts, photocopies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts should be directed to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Uganda Law Society,
Plot 610 Buye, Ntinda
P.O. Box 426,