|Date Posted||February 9, 2021|
Education Development Center (EDC) is a global nonprofit that advances lasting solutions to improve education, promote health, and expand economic opportunity, with a focus on vulnerable and under-served populations.
United States Agency for International Development (USAID) has selected EDC to implement the USAID Integrated Child and Youth Development (ICYD) Activity. A 5-year activity with a goal for Ugandan children and youth, especially the most vulnerable, to receive the support and services necessary to lead resilient, healthy, and productive lives. The ICYD Activity is expected to achieve the following:
1. Children and youth have improved learning outcomes;
2. Children and youth are safe and healthy in their community and learning environments; and
3. Youth practice positive behaviors and are able to make informed decisions about their lives and relationships.
Working in partnership with Ministry of Education and Sports (MoES) and Ministry of Gender, Labor and Social Development (MGLSD), district and zonal officials, and other Ugandan goverment and civil society partners, ICYD will comprise a series of activities to support improved basic education for Ugandan children, address school-related and gender-based violence; facilitate enhanced child protection and support for vulnerable youth; provide support to HIV-affected orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and their caregivers/families and support HIV care and treatment outcomes in close collaboration with clinical and community structures. ICYD will also contribute to improved systems within the MoES and MGLSD to promote Early Grade Reading (EGR) and child protection.
EDC is currently hiring the following positions for the USAID ICYD Activity: .
Offices – Hoima, Mbarara, Wakiso/Kampala) The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (M&E Officer) will carry out monitoring and evaluation activities including data collection and reporting on project outcomes. The M&E Officer will oversee Zonal data collection, consolidate and analyze monitoring data and draft reports, conduct specific research activities, and conduct regular Data Quality Assessment (DQA). This position reports to the Senior Zone Manager and will work in close collaboration with the M&E Specialist in Kampala. This is a full-time position based at the respective ICYD zonal offices in Uganda
Selected Required Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in statistics, quantitative economics, social sciences or related field:
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience with M&E systems, data collection, and reporting:
• Experience on development projects where research and data analysis skills have been applied, preferably in one or several of these sectors:
• OVC esp. PEPFARUSAID programs, basic education and/or youth development,
• Knowledge of Excel Power Query to clean, merge, pivot/ un-pivot and transform data preferred
• Ability to use both quantitative (eg.. SPSS, Stata, etc.) and qualitative (e.g. QDA Miner. NVivo) software for data analysis a plus.