|Date Posted||December 4, 2021|
The Government of the Republic of Uganda received a loan from the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) and the (OPEC) Fund for International Development to finance the National Oilseeds Project (NOSP), and now intends to apply part of the proceeds to recruit key staff, to ensure successful implementation of the Project.
Objectives: The overall Project Goal is, inclusive Rural Transformation through Sustainable Development of the Oilseed Sector. The Programme Development objective is to Accelerate Commercialisation as key Oilseeds Value Chains and thereby improve the Livelihoods and Resilience of the Small Holders engaged in Oilseed Production and Marketing. The Ministry of Local Government is, now inviting suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant posts that exist at the Project Implementation Coordination Team Unit (PICT).
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (1 Post)
Duty Station – Kampala
Reporting to the project coordinator in PICT and assisting the M&E and learning specialist in the coordination of the timely establishment, operation and maintenance of the project M&E system under the infrastructure development component in generation of knowledge and evidence of the NOSP performance and result and for the communication of projec activities, achievements and lessons learned Specific tasks of the M&E officer will include:
• Consolidate the learnings from prior interventions in oil seeds development towards the actions that enhance policy development within the sector and draw lessons from previous project that linked Agricultural Value chain to road access and marketability of agricultural produce for the long-term sectoral development
• Identity and formulate lessons learned from NOSP, document and share best practices for scaling up, replication or integration into future projects
• Ensure the building of a monitoring and evaluation system that lends towards efficient and effective management of the project
• Working in collaboration with other PCU members, oversee the design and development of the project M&E system, its knowledge management agenda, and its communication strategy and ensure that these are coherent and synergistic and support the objectives of the project and that they are effectively planned and implemented.
• Work in close coordination with all stakeholders to assess the data and information needs for the national oilseeds sector database, for project management and for IFAD’S requirements, ensuring that the M&E system is designed in a way that responds to these needs and that makes it possible to produce reliable M&E data in timely manner.
• Plan and execute and monitoring and Evaluation surveys with a view of informing NOSP management on the progress and areas that require improvement to ensure achievement of project objectives.
• Coordinate with the monitoring, Evaluation and learning specialist in the planning and the execution of baselines studies, impact and outcome studies and project completion studies in line with the timelines of the project.
• Ensure that these facilitate management decision making and progress tracking for the project.
• Work closely with the finance unit at PICT and PCU to ensure that project outputs and outcomes are closely linked with project financials to ensure value for money.
• Participate in the coordination of the project AWPB and budgeting process.
• Oversee timely preparation of quarterly, bi- annual and annual project progress reports, their analysis and identification of lessons learned and potential bottlenecks for project implementation, if/when relevant, at PICT and inform the project management accordingly,
• Organise and coordinate project/ component reviews and periodic meeting.
• Coordinate project mission activities.
Qualification and Experience:
• A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Economics, Social Sciences, Development Studies, Project Management or related discipline and extensive training and solid experience in monitoring and Evaluation functions;
• Minimum of 6 years’ experience of working in the field of Monitoring and Evaluation of Government Projects/Programs.
• A Post Graduate Diploma in M&E will be an added advantage
• Solid knowledge of participatory M&E approaches and techniques.
• Good knowledge in the development of performance-based indicators.
• Evidence of hands on experience in data management and analysis.
• Demonstrated experience and report writing skills will be an added advantage.
• Good knowledge of computer applications (particularly MS Excel Advanced, word, access and power point) will be an added advantage
Contract: Two years’ Contract, with six months’ probation period, renewable based on agreed performance targets and deliverables.
Hand written Application, accompanied with detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of testimonials, names and address of Three Referees should be submitted to the
Ministry of Local Government,
Worker's House 5th Floor,
P:0. Box 7037, Kampala.
Only shortlisted candidate shall be contacted