|Date Posted||May 22, 2020|
World Vision Uganda is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 82 districts in Uganda implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & community resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with the beneficiaries above. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Due to expansion in scope of our programmes, we are now seeking for qualified and passionate individuals willing to share in our vision and join our team in the position below.
Position: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Report to: Project Coordinator
Location: Nakaseke District
Purpose of the position:
The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will support and participate in the development and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation plan and facilitate the transfer of data and knowledge right from the Project site to District, Region and National Level including Project Information Management Systems. The position supports program monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning and builds capacity and support for M&E activities and systems at the National Level. S/he will support project staff and stakeholders to develop project briefs and case studies that detail success stories, lessons learned, and best practices across all components.
- Develop capacity of project staff to utilize existing M&E tools for proper tracking and reporting in line with the donor and World Vision Uganda M&E Framework (LEAP), including coaching and mentoring for project staff, partners and other stakeholders on Design, monitoring, evaluation & research.
- Provide technical assistance, guidance, and direction—related to project MEAL plans and systems, performance management tools and support the project in design of above named tools
- Develop a capacity building and mentorship program for the project and partner staff aimed at enhancing their capacity and skills to assume increased M&E and programming responsibilities in line with WVU M&E frame work and Donor guidelines.
- Guide staff in preparing progress reports in accordance with approved donor and LEAP reporting formats and ensure their timely submission. This includes monthly reports, quarterly progress reports, annual project reports, inception reports.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Documentation
- Develop and lead the implementation of Ark 2030 Project M&E frameworks including project reviews, participatory impact assessments,baseline,evaluations, process monitoring, operations monitoring and lessons-learned workshops.
- Prepare periodic Project performance reports according to the donor requirements on a monthly, quarterly, semiannual and annual basis and provide updates of progress status and keep Project Leadership informed of the same and of any need or issues arising related to M&E.
- Promote utilization of data/information at project level through reflection and learning forums such as quarterly review meetings at management meetings or conferences for project partners.
- Establish and manage a performance monitoring framework for the Ark 2030 Project with clear goals, outcomes, outputs, inputs, processes, indicators, data needs and sources, and reporting formats and frequency, for effective monitoring, reporting and updating progress.
- Development of data collection tools and rollout of donor standardized MEAL tool for routine monitoring and evaluations at District and National Level.
- Organize quarterly reflection meetings on Project Interventions and Progress on indicators across the National Office.
- Provide technical guidance and leadership in conducting project assessments, baselines and Evaluations in line with established donor related guidelines
- Monitor and track implementation of project evaluation recommendations in line with World Vision Uganda evaluation strategy and donor regulations.
- Support other monitoring and evaluative activities as they arise
- Assure quality of Ark 2030-Accelerating & Massively scaling up Land and Livelihood Restoration project data by enforcing data quality reviews at District and National Level.
- Perform quarterly Project data quality assessments to ensure validity, integrity, precision, reliability and timeliness of all performance data; identify any deficiencies and suggest corrective actions; and assist the technical team members to maintain electronic and hard copy files.
- Plan for and implement project planning and review meetings in line with the project detailed implementation plan
- Track timely implementation and reporting of project plans.
Information Systems Management
- Provide meaningful data summaries and visualization to demonstrate result to the project management.
- Support application of software for results based monitoring and evaluation such as SPSS, EPIDATA, EPIINFO, STATA, SAIKU, GIS, Remote sensing, Collect Earth, ArcGIS 123 Mobile Applications and other cloud-based technologies.
- Utilize WVU database initiatives such as Horizon, GIS, Automated Database and other relevant National Databases for organizational visibility such as the FAO Collect Earth, Evergreen Alliance Database.
- Provide and utilize data required at District and or National Level for Land and Livelihood Restoration.
- Provide information/data required to support during proposal writing for resource mobilization in line with World Vision Uganda mission.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Demography, Environmental Science, Monitoring and Evaluation, GiS and Remote Sensing, Computer Science, Management Information System and technology or a related field is required.
- Minimum of three years of work experience managing data intensive projects in designing, monitoring, and evaluation methodologies is highly desirable.
- Excellent command of; GiS, Remote Sensing technology ,SAIKU,Google Earth Applications, MS Excel, Cloud-Based data collection technologies and working knowledge of at least two statistical data management packages/software’s (quantitative & qualitative) e.g., SPSS, Nvivo/Nudist, EPIINFO, STATA etc.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative M&E data collection and analysis methods, including tracking outcome indicators, is desirable.
- Knowledge of designing and managing M&E systems. Experience in designing M&E methodologies and tools, and the ability to coach and train others in their use is desirable.
- Excellent spoken English skills are required, including the ability to communicate effectively in a multi-cultural environment and diplomatically manage collegial relationships. .Expertise in other local Ugandan languages is desired.
- Must be detail oriented and highly organized. Able to support and respond to the needs of the project teams as quickly as possible to support evidence-based decision making needs of the project
- Must exhibit a flexible work attitude: the ability to work productively in a team environment and the ability to meet unexpected demands
- Excellent cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills demonstrated by ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff, clients and consultants.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities.
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing, interpreting, and reporting on M&E results so that lessons can be learned and incorporated into programming is desirable.
- Experience in Report writing, research, monitoring and evaluation.
- Working experience of statistical packages e.g., SPSS, Nvivo/Nudist, EPIINFO, STATA etc
- Excellent spoken English skills are required, including the ability to communicate effectively in a multi-cultural environment and diplomatically manage collegial relationships. Expertise in other local Ugandan languages is desired.
- Registration as a member of the Uganda Evaluation Association or any other international associations is an added advantage